Switch [BUG] 1.5 Grandpa's Shrine Glitch on Switch?

Hello! I'm posting this as I believe there may be a bug for grandpa's shrine :)

I've interacted with the shrine while holding a diamond, but that only triggers the "Grandpa's Shrine" textbox to appear. I have already tried skipping to the next day, closing my save, exiting the game, and resetting my switch to see if that would provide different results, but I still have the problem occurring.

The save is on year 4 of a combat farm and I'm not currently playing on multiplayer mode, but have played with friends in the past on this file. I'm getting no notifications to update, so I believe I'm on the latest version as of May 5, 2021 (I can't find the version number rn lol). The only other things I can think to mention are that I do have a crystalarium making diamonds (so some of the ones made might be mixed in with the ones I've mined) and I have a 4 candle evaluation, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't affect asking for a reevaluation from grandpa.

I've seen a few other people making note of this for other consoles (and found a post on Reddit dating back to 2016 asking about the same issue), but wasn't able to find anything for the switch and wanted to bring it to attention.

Thank you so much! I look forward to any news on the issue!

sonodade

Newcomer
Hey there.
I just registered to the forums to report this same bug.

I'm playing a multiplayer game with my wife, she is player 1.
In spring 1 of year 3 grampa came, awarded her with 4 candles and I only got three.
This is the first weird thing: we both had the same goals and played exclusively together. When we finished the community center, the cutscene only happened on her profile and not on mine.
No big deal.

I waited for us to reach 1M gold, went for the shrine with my diamond to find no candles light up.
Weird

When I interact with the shrine I only receive "grampa shrine", no more talks about diamond shaped openings... I can't interact with it, so I can't receive my iridium statue. I'm pretty sure it's a big bug!

Available for any clarification. I'll add screenshot soon.

sonodade

Newcomer
I forgot to explicitly state these info:

Switch version, latest update, Italian language, multiplayer

Should we expect a message update of some kind by mods/maintainers?

JohnnyTheft

Newcomer
Hello! I'm posting this as I believe there may be a bug for grandpa's shrine :)

I've interacted with the shrine while holding a diamond, but that only triggers the "Grandpa's Shrine" textbox to appear. I have already tried skipping to the next day, closing my save, exiting the game, and resetting my switch to see if that would provide different results, but I still have the problem occurring.

The save is on year 4 of a combat farm and I'm not currently playing on multiplayer mode, but have played with friends in the past on this file. I'm getting no notifications to update, so I believe I'm on the latest version as of May 5, 2021 (I can't find the version number rn lol). The only other things I can think to mention are that I do have a crystalarium making diamonds (so some of the ones made might be mixed in with the ones I've mined) and I have a 4 candle evaluation, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't affect asking for a reevaluation from grandpa.

I've seen a few other people making note of this for other consoles (and found a post on Reddit dating back to 2016 asking about the same issue), but wasn't able to find anything for the switch and wanted to bring it to attention.

Thank you so much! I look forward to any news on the issue!
Hey there! Did u ever figure this out?

Maxlam

Tiller
Hello there!

I got an similar situation (Switch / FR / 2 players splitscreen)

I am the main user (host) and I got my evaluation at the 3rd year (4 stars).
Second player (join) got evaluation at the same moment (3 stars).

When the second player try to put a diamond on the gravestone, he just get "Grandpa Stone" and the candle are off.
We waited a month, then a year, and nothing happen...

Can you help us please ? :)

FinnAndBones

Newcomer
I found what fixed my Girlfriend's game with Grandpa's Shrine.

I too had the same issue where I couldn't put a diamond in the shrine.

I play split screen with my Girlfriend on her save. We have played together since the beginning.

The issue I found was we created a Cabin for me to stay in on our first play through and since creating said Cabin, me and my Girlfriend used this Cabin as our new home.

I managed to proc the evaluation cutscene by having my Girlfriend go sleep in the bed of the original Cabin that you start with. The first sleep caused what I assume is the first evaluation and a second sleep did a re-evaluation as we fed a diamond to the shrine already.

This worked on both Singleplayer using just Girlfriends character but also on Split screen on both Characters using the starter Cabin.

Our games were slightly out of sync as her Candles were lit but mine were not. To fix this I got her to feed a diamond to the shrine and we both went to sleep on Starter Cabin which caused us then both to be in sync with the Shrine.

It's worth noting - No candles seems to equal a Diamond already fed to shrine and sleeping in starter Cabin Procs the re-evaluation.

Candles lit seems to equal you have been evaluated and need to feed a new Diamond to shrine to be re-evaluated.

Hope this helps as it was also frustrating for us to try and work out (more so me, as I wanted those Iridium Ores!)

I hope this helps as it seems to be confusing a lot of people across forums I tried googling for the work around.