Windows [BUG] 1.5.6 update, even on compatibility mode, breaks the game

spum

Newcomer
Hi,

When 1.5.5 was released, the game would no longer load for me. I found that switching to compatibility mode in Steam under Properties >> Betas fixed the issue, and the game would successfully open. But now that 1.5.6 is out, the same issue has returned and even in compatibility mode the game will not load at all. I'm looking through the comments on the Steam update announcement and there are quite a few people reporting what seems like the same issue as mine.

I am not modding. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit. I have restarted my machine since the update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have toggled back and forth between compatibility mode and regular. I have verified that I have the latest drivers for my graphics card (ATI 4300 series, old yes but it has worked fine for years). Let me know if I can provide any other info that would be helpful.

Thank you in advance

Rob65

Greenhorn
Also Windows 7 with the same problem. I see a lot of PC tags on the problem post. I wonder if Win 10 people are having the same problem.

ohtori

Greenhorn
I'm having the same problem with my Windows 7 (x64, intel core i5, 6GB RAM, onboard graphics). It even launches in compatibility mod on GOG, but I'm playing with mods and afraid to break my save if I launch it without them (btw I updated them before playing).

I also tried to restart my laptop, reinstall the game, downloaded and installed .Net 5 and nothing changed.

Also Windows 7 with the same problem. I see a lot of PC tags on the problem post. I wonder if Win 10 people are having the same problem.
In my Win 10 (also x64, but have even a lower setup than my Win 7) the game is launching and working fine...