PC [BUG] (1.5.4) Crops Still Rustle When Pet is Idle in Them

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I just noticed this. It's well-known that when the player character moves in crops, a rustling sound plays, and when they don't move, there is no rustling sound. This makes sense. However, the same mechanic doesn't seem to work right with pets. When the pet is either idling in the middle of crops by standing still or sitting, no movement, a rustling sound can still be heard. I'm not currently sure if the same thing happens with farm animals or the horse, but I do at least know that it happens with the pet. Specifically, the pet on this file is the cat with the blue collar. I don't know if this bug is exclusive to this particular pet or not.

Last edited:
Now that you say that, I remember that I have some grass planted next to the spa. In that spot Linus stays for a good part of the day, and even though he does not move from his spot, the grass is continuously rustling as if he were. Maybe it's related?

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Huh, that's interesting. I never realized that it could potentially be a problem with NPCs as well. But then again, I don't think I've ever planted grass anywhere but on the farm before.