Blacksmith Delay Warning

Dylan815

Greenhorn
I absolutely love this game. my friend bought it for me and I've played almost 40 hours in the last 2 weeks. (Considering my family life and job, that's pretty good.) I wanted to make sure that I preface this story with a still positive review.

I'm at the end of fall. I timed things so that I planted a whole bunch of pumpkins after the first batch. maybe about 40-50. I just collected enough resources to upgrade my watering can and I was waiting for a rainy day. I saw on the news that "tomorrow was going to rain all day" i watered my farm and turned in my can. the day I turned in my can happened to be the 25th. It rained the 26th. It didn't rain the 27th, but my watering can was held hostage by the "spirits eve" festival. I was not able to water my crops on the 27th and now everything is destroyed for Winter.

If I had known that there would be a delay then obviously I wouldn't have gone for the upgrade. Is it possible to make it so that in instances like these the blacksmith could warn you, "Just so you know, your order will be delayed due to the holidays"? I know that veterans probably don't need this, but I am still very much a newbie. I would like to prevent this from happening to others, if possible.

That being said, I do really like the game and will continue to play. That was just such a discouraging experience that I will learn from and move on, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts.

Ellajoy

Rancher
I absolutely love this game. my friend bought it for me and I've played almost 40 hours in the last 2 weeks. (Considering my family life and job, that's pretty good.) I wanted to make sure that I preface this story with a still positive review.

I'm at the end of fall. I timed things so that I planted a whole bunch of pumpkins after the first batch. maybe about 40-50. I just collected enough resources to upgrade my watering can and I was waiting for a rainy day. I saw on the news that "tomorrow was going to rain all day" i watered my farm and turned in my can. the day I turned in my can happened to be the 25th. It rained the 26th. It didn't rain the 27th, but my watering can was held hostage by the "spirits eve" festival. I was not able to water my crops on the 27th and now everything is destroyed for Winter.

If I had known that there would be a delay then obviously I wouldn't have gone for the upgrade. Is it possible to make it so that in instances like these the blacksmith could warn you, "Just so you know, your order will be delayed due to the holidays"? I know that veterans probably don't need this, but I am still very much a newbie. I would like to prevent this from happening to others, if possible.

That being said, I do really like the game and will continue to play. That was just such a discouraging experience that I will learn from and move on, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts.
Good idea! Even though I play a lot I still sometimes make this mistake.

imnvs

Local Legend
That did get me once, but it wasn't something as critical as the watering can that got me. It was my pickaxe and it just delayed me going into the mine for a day, but I completely get it. I've had other things that weren't clear rob me of a lot more than some crops. Anything that reduces the steepness of the learning curve is good with me.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
That gives me an idea. If the day that your tool upgrade is finished happens to be a festival day, maybe Clint could send the upgraded tool to you in the mail that morning? You can't access his shop at all on festival days, even with the festivals where you can still enter town. This is because every building is locked on festival days.