iOS Black screen error

Namu

Greenhorn
Type of phone: ipad air 4 (software version 16.5, it's a lastest version)
Details of your issue: when i'm playing game, the screen suddenly turns black and it doesnt work any touch. I can still hear the sound. Only thing that i can do is a forced termination. I already did shutting down the app, deleting the app and reinstall it, and turn off the ipad. But i still get this problem.
Screenshots/video:
(highly encouraged)
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? I loaded data through the load game menu or starting new game.
Any other info that might be relevant:
app version 1.5.6.39

Attachments

miramax81

Newcomer
Type of phone: ipad air 4 (software version 16.5, it's a lastest version)
Details of your issue: when i'm playing game, the screen suddenly turns black and it doesnt work any touch. I can still hear the sound. Only thing that i can do is a forced termination. I already did shutting down the app, deleting the app and reinstall it, and turn off the ipad. But i still get this problem.
Screenshots/video:
(highly encouraged)
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? I loaded data through the load game menu or starting new game.
Any other info that might be relevant:
app version 1.5.6.39
I get the same thing..happens constantly. Have this game on every platform it's put out on and iOS is the only one I have issues with. I hope an actual fix is coming soon.

Namu

Greenhorn
I get the same thing..happens constantly. Have this game on every platform it's put out on and iOS is the only one I have issues with. I hope an actual fix is coming soon.
Did you have an apple pencil?
I think this issue only happens when i play game with apple pencil..i guess.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
@Namu, I've been thinking about this issue you've described. You've narrowed it down to a possible connection with your Pencil. Does the same behavior happen with any other apps on your iPad when using the Pencil?

Huss

Newcomer
Are you using an iPhone or iPad, and which device version is it? Which game version do you have installed, the App Store version or the Arcade version?
I just downloaded the game on my ipad 8th gen and it keeps happening to me. App store ver

wildandblue

Sodbuster
I just downloaded the game on my ipad 8th gen and it keeps happening to me. App store ver
Sorry to hear this is happening. The app doesn't require much storage. Does the screen go black at a consistent point in the game or is it random? Have you tried other troubleshooting steps such as:

- testing with a new save file
- backing up your current save to iCloud or external storage, and then deleting and reinstalling the game? Deleting the game also deletes your save.
- ensuring your iPad is on the latest iPadOS version
- restarting your iPad
- reset all settings for your iPad
- or even the more drastic erase all content and settings and set up your iPad as new, which is probably not worth it if it only happens with one app.

Last edited: