Birthdays?

Swartzki

Tiller
I had a thought why doesn't our farmer get to celebrate a birthday? I mean the people in town all get to, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Even on current saved games, maybe throw a box in that lets you set your birthday on the character creation, and to implement it into current saves maybe patch in a box for it where you can add glow rings and stuff, then it locks once set. I mean i have a whole process in mind for it Aug-Nov=Fall Dec-Mar=Winter April-May=Spring June-July=Summer. I think our characters should get to celebrate their birthday too! Maybe even implement a birthday party option. Thoughts?

Ellajoy

Rancher
I had a thought why doesn't our farmer get to celebrate a birthday? I mean the people in town all get to, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to implement. Even on current saved games, maybe throw a box in that lets you set your birthday on the character creation, and to implement it into current saves maybe patch in a box for it where you can add glow rings and stuff, then it locks once set. I mean i have a whole process in mind for it Aug-Nov=Fall Dec-Mar=Winter April-May=Spring June-July=Summer. I think our characters should get to celebrate their birthday too! Maybe even implement a birthday party option. Thoughts?
I think this would be cool BUT it has been asked for a lot and has not yet been added.

CScout

Sodbuster
That would be pretty fun actually. Villagers at 4 hearts or more could send you gifts in the mail that get better with more hearts. It could be a really fun way to have more villagers interactions. Also for parties what if you could organize a party at the movies or saloon similar to a normal movie visit, but with more NPCs.

MissDandy

Farmer
I really love this idea, but it would be sad for us players that have birthdays on the 29th, 30th or 31st. Personally though, I would be okay with just picking the 28th. But I guess this only matters if your farmer is supposed to be you. Otherwise, it's such a cool idea!

Swartzki

Tiller
I really love this idea, but it would be sad for us players that have birthdays on the 29th, 30th or 31st. Personally though, I would be okay with just picking the 28th. But I guess this only matters if your farmer is supposed to be you. Otherwise, it's such a cool idea!
well what could happen then is maybe the system decided if the bday should fall in the current or next season

I would love my little farmer to have a birthday. Randomly assigned is probably the best idea. Anyone hoping to choose something similar to their real birthday should remember that there are no ‘months’ just really short seasons. It doesn’t matter if you were born on the 29th-31st…

MissDandy

Farmer
well what could happen then is maybe the system decided if the bday should fall in the current or next season
That's a good idea! It would solve the end-of-the-month birthday problem.
I would love my little farmer to have a birthday. Randomly assigned is probably the best idea. Anyone hoping to choose something similar to their real birthday should remember that there are no ‘months’ just really short seasons. It doesn’t matter if you were born on the 29th-31st…
I think a random birthday defeats the whole purpose of the proposed system here. And I don't think the real month you were born would be what to base your decision on, I think it would be the season. Like, I'm born in Spring, so I would want to pick my date from spring. That system doesn't work though, because I was born on the 30th. So I would say it does matter, if a system were to be chosen and put in place. You would have to take that into account. And I think it's important that it's not random, because a lot of people want to make their farmer resemble themselves, for a lot of reasons. The more personalization in the game, the better (in my opinion).