Bigger backpack/extra bag?

VampireCake

Rancher
It would be really useful to be able to upgrade the backpack one more time or have an extra, additional small bag (eg a belt pouch) somewhere in late game. For things like Skull Cave runs, there are a lot of different items that turn up, particularly since the 1.4 update. I'm a bit of a magpie and like to collect everything, even something like five more inventory spots would be incredibly handy. Also for players who like all-day fishing trips, etc. Keeping it to later-game availability like having a large price tag would avoid any possible unbalancing, I think.

Journi

Planter
That would be kind of cool! I wouldn't mind having more space to fish, have the back like cost 20-25k? o.o

SapphireSam7

Greenhorn
It would be nice to be able to continue to upgrade the backpack. Reaching the 3 lines of items is nice, but with the different ratings of items taking up so many line items... It would be nice to have a few more. Just going out to forage can max you out with the 3-4 different varieties of items and picking flowers.... The colors and the ratings can over load you nearly every time. Even if the cost was crazy high, at a certain point it would be worth it.

Grimzy

Planter
That would be cool! Usually the thing that leaves me with no space is the different tier levels of crops. Especially if it's a flower that grows in multiple colors and multiple star tiers. :whistle:

VampireCake

Rancher
I just also realised this would definitely be useful when you need Clint to open a stack of geodes, too. (That guy really needs some sort of batch processing machine you can just drop them into all at once... he should ask Maru to build him one.)

Maybe an XL backpack could be made at the sewing machine?

tommybob

Planter
I think an interesting way to add some depth and utility would be to give your horse a saddlebag or two. This means you can't just fill your backpack endlessly and you have to make a decission on what to leave with the horse.

Take the horse to the mine, take the lift up, drop some stuff off, back to it. Give the horse something else to do.

VampireCake

Rancher
I think an interesting way to add some depth and utility would be to give your horse a saddlebag or two. This means you can't just fill your backpack endlessly and you have to make a decission on what to leave with the horse.

Take the horse to the mine, take the lift up, drop some stuff off, back to it. Give the horse something else to do.
That's not a bad idea, although I sort of do that now with chests, ha.. I always put a couple at the mine entrance and at the Skull Cave. Can the horse get to the desert, though? I've never actually tried to warp with him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't fit on the bus, lol.

Edit to add: suggestion to make the horse upgradeable to a pegasus.

tommybob

Planter
That's not a bad idea, although I sort of do that now with chests, ha.. I always put a couple at the mine entrance and at the Skull Cave. Can the horse get to the desert, though? I've never actually tried to warp with him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't fit on the bus, lol.
I'm fairly sure you can warp with them.

Golden

Planter
That would be cool! Usually the thing that leaves me with no space is the different tier levels of crops. Especially if it's a flower that grows in multiple colors and multiple star tiers. :whistle:
Same for me. It would be really nice to have just s few more spaces to hold thing until you put them in a chest or a bundle in the community center, etc,