Better russian font, please?

GodHybrid

Greenhorn
Hello guys and gals, I come here to ask for better text fonts for russian language.

Literally every other language in the game that is currently supported has better font. Or rather, fonts, because there are at least two of them that are used depending on what window is open. Russian has only one, which leads to issues in overall look. Currently the only existing font is pixel font, which looks horrible, and absolutely not fitting a game like Stardew Valley when used everywhere - it's way too sharp and pixelated, like the texts were typed on a 80's typewriter! I haven't looked into the game files (not sure if that's even allowed), but I'm pretty sure the pixel font is used EVERYWHERE in russian. Lemme show you.
Here's comparison between english, japanese, and russian languages - even japanese (which has a lot more characters!) looks better, despite also mostly using pixel font!
Pretty, pixelated, pixelated&rough
1644044329253.png

1644044382569.png

1644044397347.png
Pretty, pixelated, super pixelated, you can see each separate pixel, what the...
1644044875184.png

1644044901896.png

1644044920451.png
English: Clearly visible two different fonts, one for the name, one for the date
Japanese: Two different fonts again. A unique one for romaji, which looks GORGEOUS, and the second font for kanji, which don't look pixelated and instead look amazing
Russian: Pixels everywhere... nuff said...
1644045087190.png

1644045157346.png

1644045237043.png

Sadly I can only squeeze 9 pictures per post. I would give you comparisons to other languages, but you can check it yourself - every other language has a second, "thicker" and more "natural" font, but not russian.
Also chinese language has its own custom game title art... But I guess that's because of their policies lol

Dear ConcernedApe, I'm very willing to make a better font by myself, just for your game, for free. I'm ready to sign an NDA contract if it's required, or any other kind of a contract. All I care about is to enhance a part of your IP, for the benefit of other russian-speaking players.

Last edited:

GodHybrid

Greenhorn
The main victims of these fonts are in-game messages(A) and dialogues(B), which A) do not look written at all, B) do not look natural in a game like this.
1644045786904.png

1644045907805.png

1644045695742.png

1644045842039.png

1644046152059.png

1644046199941.png

GodHybrid

Greenhorn
Also, just a minor issue, a pet peeve of mine... But the UI was *not* made for such tiny bits of information. There's so much empty space, especially in russian. Japanese uses the UI the best, imo. I think you could easily get away with writing days in full size (in english), and add "morning, day, evening, night" in russian's time UI (we don't have AM/PM).
1644046478064.png
1644046634874.png
1644046663953.png

Neitrin0

Greenhorn
Я так понимаю. Нас всё ещё игнорируют? Очень жаль... :sweat:
Пожалуйста дайте нам русский нормальный шрифт!

В частности меня интересует сам файл "Stardew Valley Regular.ttf" только кириллический
Заранее благодарю!

p.s. Я владелец самого крупного игрового сообщества в русскоязычном комьюнити в сети ВКонтакте

English translation via google translate (added by moderators)-

I understand. Are we still being ignored? It's a pity... :sweat:
Please give us a Russian normal font!

In particular, I am interested in the file "Stardew Valley Regular.ttf" only Cyrillic
Thanks in advance!

p.s. I am the owner of the largest gaming community in the Russian-speaking community in the VKontakte network

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

daanqq

Newcomer
Хотел бы спросить не появился ли у кого ни будь русский шрифт из Stardew Valley, он мне очень нужен для руководства, именно в формате .ttf, для скачивания. Ели как нашел на просторах интернета английский шрифт, а русского нигде нет

I would like to ask if anyone has a Russian font from Stardew Valley, I really need it for the guide, in .ttf format, for downloading. Just found an English font on the Internet, but the Russian one is nowhere to be found