Best weapons?

IndiaHawker

Tiller
So in this sort of game there must be ‘best’ weapons for defeating monsters, surely? Rings (or anything else I’m not aware of included!) as well? I still consider myself mostly a newb so would really appreciate some help here - I’d love to know what weapons/rings/etc to work towards as I’m still not great (but gradually improving I think!) at combat— currently have Lava Katana, gold pickaxe, steel axe (alongside other tools I imagine useless for combat), and currently I’m wearing magnet ring and small glow ring. Please and thanks for help!!

EDIT: Oh, and space boots!

Boo1972

Farmer
1.5 spoilers ahead- I consider them very minor.

Are you playing on mobile, PC or console? The 1.5 update has a lot of new weapons, rings, and a way to upgrade weapons. Regardless, read the the gravestones in Pelicantown. One of them has a riddle in dwarvish. Solve it to unlock some of the best weapons in game.

Because of their special attack, most players adore the hammer class of weapons. I find them awkward to use and don’t really enjoy them, but to each their own. You will get some awesome rings from the adventures guild. I’d play around with them and see what you like. One note on rings, check to see if you can make a glow stone ring (1.5) or even better an iridium band. That will free up one of your hands for more rings.

Last edited:
If you're on a Lava Katana and Gold Pickaxe, the next step up (regardless of what type of weapon you like) is currently locked behind that riddle Boo1972 mentioned. There are even better weapons available beyond that point in 1.5, but the next step is definitely that one.

Rings, the one you want most to upgrade what you've got is the Iridium Band. You unlock the crafting recipe at Combat 9. It'll replace what you have but even better. Rings to go along with it are varied, but personally I'd recommend the Burglar Ring for you. You can get that by killing LOTS of Dust Sprites. It doubles drop chances and will make taking that next step a little easier and more likely.

As far as boots your space boots are perfectly fine for where you're at. There's not better options until you're closer to those end game weapons. Or should I say, warmer ;-)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Like Boo1972 and Cuusardo, I prefer Sword weapons as I just don't get the timing of Hammer Weapons as well and after having tried the special move for them, It's good but I find the cooldown to be a bit much. However unlike Cuusardo I've never used the special move on the Sword. Because I only found out about this special move thing a few months ago and that was while testing the Hammers and I just moved back to the Sword yesterday. 3 years in the game and I find out these things.

I use an Iridium Band and am now grinding for the Burglar's ring, have fun doing the same!

And take a page outta Abby's book and hang out at that graveyard...

hexnessie

Farmer
Just one quick word about rings -- if you are now wearing magnet and glow, you can replace them both with a single ring by crafting the Glowstone Ring. This will free up one ring slot for something else.

Of course, later on you will replace the Glowstone with Iridium Band, but it's a good early level ring anyway.

Virande

Farmhand
I used to prefer sword type... But at the endgame, I prefer dagger more, the range is a bit small, but the critical rate is high. You can use jade ring to increase the critical rate, and vampire to regen health if you're not a food eater... (since using dagger will be more likely to get hit). Iridium band kinda mandatory for me.
Because the highest critical rate currently we have is a dagger class, and stacking crit on crit on crit, the crit dmg just keeps appearing....

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly I prefer the hammer on pc after ig years of only sword usage on mobile.
The hammer for me is more versitile and requires less switching but to each their own.
I would have a few reccomendations but seeing how early you are in the gaem I feel as if you should feel and explore on your own.
If not you can check my profile and If you scroll to the bottom of the list of my comments, you will come upon a pretty in depth guide of what I tend to use and best hammers builds mid to late game.
You can also check the post for best rings and boots but to tell you here, in my late game farm I prefer Luck with Iridium and Luck with Savage.

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
The iridium band is definitely one of the best rings to have on you just for convince. I personally smashed it together with the Slime Charmer, although like a lot of people are saying, it's good to throw it together with the Burglar Ring.

For the swords, I like them more too and there are definitely some better ones coming up. The blocking is pretty easy to time once you get use to it, so I am perfectly happy with it even if there are a few more weapons out there that do a little more damage, since it's not considerably noticeable.

For boots, space boots are the best at the earlier levels, although again, there are boots with greater properties as you progress.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hammers are too slow and daggers have no reach. Swords are fast and sweep. They are the only weapon I use if I have an option.

As for rings, iridium bands fused with Burglars and Napalm are my go-to. Boom shakka lakka, baby. Boom shakka lakka.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hammers are too slow and daggers have no reach. Swords are fast and sweep. They are the only weapon I use if I have an option.

As for rings, iridium bands fused with Burglars and Napalm are my go-to. Boom shakka lakka, baby. Boom shakka lakka.
Yeah, hammers definitely get massively better in the late game, you can upgrade speed on the hammer and eat more often if you need to name a few.

Count me in on Team Hammer, early game especially! Even your first club is quite strong, and the Mallet will easily carry you through to the Obsidian Edge and Lava Katana.

Thing about the hammers is that they have enormous damage potential, especially if you exploit what some would call a glitch. Right click to initiate the AoE attack, then spam left-click and you can get five or six hits on your target. This puts their damage potential well above any other weapon, given their already high damage per swing numbers.

Cuusardo

Farmer
I didn't intend to insinuate that I dislike hammers. I love the special move. I just prefer the range of a sword. 😎

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Count me in on Team Hammer, early game especially! Even your first club is quite strong, and the Mallet will easily carry you through to the Obsidian Edge and Lava Katana.

Thing about the hammers is that they have enormous damage potential, especially if you exploit what some would call a glitch. Right click to initiate the AoE attack, then spam left-click and you can get five or six hits on your target. This puts their damage potential well above any other weapon, given their already high damage per swing numbers.
Yeah, this is great to if you can click fast and spam the attack button on the keyboard in alternating hits.