Best way to systematically get all golden walnuts

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
I just don't like Ginger Island. It feels so tedious to me. I have 2 files and have everything done but the last remaining golden walnuts. File #1 - the parrot gives no more hints File #2 - I have about 23 left to find. It's just so boring and it's the last things I need for 100% perfection on these two farms.

What is your favorite, most thorough, you tube video or path for combing through everything to get each one. How do you systematically make sure you do everything without having to go through it again? I'm tired of running around feeling like I'm checking the same things over and over.

What works for you?

Boo1972

Farmer
@BlaDe and @imnvs figured out a way to have the game recount your Golden Walnuts. The link to that information is in imnvs’ signature. He just posted in the thread about banana trees, if you want to search for him. If the parrot is out of hints you may have left a walnut at Prof. Snail’s tent or not won all the walnuts from the dart game at the pirates cove.

I liked Wickedy Chickedy’s video. For me, it’s easier to avoid information I don’t want to see on YouTube than the wiki.

I won’t say that I found Ginger Island tedious, but having found all the golden walnuts once I’m not inclined to do it again. I have enough to do there between farming, forging, and fighting.

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
My daughter came by tonight and did the checkup and figured out that I needed another dart game. I would have sworn I played it enough and I would have spent too much time looking through everything else!

It's too tedious, but I'm glad she figured out how to check it and I'll wait until she comes back over so she can see the ending on this file with my roomie Krobus.

Thanks for the support.

Boo1972

Farmer
I’m sure someone will correct me, but if the parrot is out of hints, I believe the only options for walnuts are the dart game, Prof. Snail, and the game miscounting your walnuts. Just in case it ever happens again.

Congratulations on reaching 100%! I got a little misty eyed at my visit to the summit.

Ereo

Helper
I’m sure someone will correct me, but if the parrot is out of hints, I believe the only options for walnuts are the dart game, Prof. Snail, and the game miscounting your walnuts. Just in case it ever happens again.

Congratulations on reaching 100%! I got a little misty eyed at my visit to the summit.
There are two more locations the parrot doesn't hint. One is a walnut bush were the gem stone tables are and three are from giving a banana to the monkey shrine

imnvs

Local Legend
I’m sure someone will correct me, but if the parrot is out of hints, I believe the only options for walnuts are the dart game, Prof. Snail, and the game miscounting your walnuts.
There are 3 groups of walnuts that are not hinted at...
1 > The 3 (1 per play) from the pirate darts.
2 > The 3 from giving the banana to the ape at the shrine by Leo's tree hut.
3 > The 1 from the southern bush in the "gem shrine" area.

Prof Snail's walnuts are included in the parrots' hints, actually. This means that if you are getting no more hints and have verified that you've got all 7 of the walnuts I mentioned behind the spoiler, your next step is to type "/recountwalnuts" into the chat.

Ereo

Helper
Prof Snail's walnuts are included in the parrots' hints, actually. This means that if you are getting no more hints and have verified that you've got all 7 of the walnuts I mentioned behind the spoiler, your next step is to type "/recountwalnuts" into the chat.
They have hints, but only until you finish all the tasks for him. If you forget to pick up your reward, the parrot will not give you hints any more, because you already helped him.

imnvs

Local Legend
They have hints, but only until you finish all the tasks for him. If you forget to pick up your reward, the parrot will not give you hints any more, because you already helped him.
Fair point, yes, though cutting hairs somewhat. 😉😘

Boo1972

Farmer
That’s actually what I meant! I should have clarified. I could see someone (me) thinking they had “picked up” a walnut from the Professor when they, in fact, had not. Although, since the mummified bat and frog are probably turned in before the other skeletons are completed i admit it’s improbable. Betcha I could manage it though.