Best Rings for Skull Cavern?

ISSsloth

Farmer
Hi, I just got the lucky ring and now I don't know which of my rings to pick for the skull cavern. I can't forge rings together yet, so I have to choose between:
  • Iridium Band (I'd feel bad not using this after all the trouble I went through to make it)
  • Slime Charmer Ring (The iridium slimes are pretty nasty)
  • Burgler Ring (The iridium drops are a big reason I want to get through skull cavern in the first place)
  • Lucky Ring (I've seen a lot of people saying that this ring and luck in general are super important)
Any advice would be appreciated! :ring:

Hill Myna

Farmer
Iridium Band (I'd feel bad not using this after all the trouble I went through to make it)
I don't think that I would choose any other ring as my #1, that's how essential I feel the Iridium Band is! Without +Magnetism, Mining is just... uggh! And you also get the other bonuses, which are all great, too.
Slime Charmer Ring (The iridium slimes are pretty nasty)
Purple Slimes are pretty nasty, but if you've got a decent source of food and/or don't mind some dodging-and-weaving, I'd leave this one at home. There are other rings that affect more than one type of monster, such as the...
Burgler Ring (The iridium drops are a big reason I want to get through skull cavern in the first place)
...Burglar's Ring! :D

I always like to bring this one with me, even if I don't have it equipped all the time. Although, most of the time, I do! The extra Bombs from Serpents, the additional Crab Cakes from Iridium Crabs, the bonus Batteries from Iridium Bats, the increase in Iridium Ore & Bars from Purple Slimes, and the higher chance of Dinosaur Eggs from Pepper Rexes all add up to make my loot haul feel more special!

So I'd probably choose this for your #2. :)
Lucky Ring (I've seen a lot of people saying that this ring and luck in general are super important)
This thread has more information about luck, and keep in mind while reading that the Lucky Ring adds +1 to LuckLevel, not dailyLuck.

Personally I can't say I've noticed a difference between wearing a Lucky Ring and not, but clever people say it makes a fair amount of difference, and I trust those people! ;D

I would still choose the Burglar's Ring, though, because you can add +Luck through food, but nothing else in the game doubles the amount of monster drops you get.

TLDR: I would go for Iridium Band + Burglar's Ring.

Hope this helps!

IMO the Slime Charmer isn't even worth collecting from Gil

Iridium Band is an absolute necessity

So, that leaves the other slot as a choice between Lucky Ring or Burglar's Ring, and my answer would be both - wear the Lucky Ring unless you are about to kill a monster, then switch rings to Burglar's for the kill before swapping back again. Yes, the effect of luck isn't huge, but if you do a lot of things where it has a small effect, it does add up in the long run

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Double luck is pretty essential and along with that If I'm doing a casual regular run I'll only bring one set of rings like luck/iridium and savage/luck.

Savage is great but hard to get to know fully but once you do It's pretty much the best ring for regular skull caverns runs.