Best Marriage Candidates... your opinions please...

Confused

Rancher
For the male category of love, I think Sam is pretty sweet, he's also super easy to woo, Pizza and Joja cola. I like Alex and Elliot as well, but if I had to choose one of the two It'd be Elliot, he's not my favorite candidate by far, but I like a lot of his cutscenes. Shane is of course good too though, his ten heart cutscene, is just, ugh! Chefs kiss. Oh, and of course Harvey, he's probably like my favorite male spouse.

For the ladies, that are available left, Penny is a nice choice, I find some of her cutscenes a little boring but it's probably just cause I've seen her first one... Four million times. Penny's great though, her handwriting is pretty according to Jas, and good penmanship is hot. Leah for me, is in the right place at the right time in the Saloon for me to force a salad on her, and that's usually how I end up befriending her, compared to the rest of the ladies in Stardew, I find her just kind of boring. Don't get me wrong! She's all artsy and a lot of her cutscenes are super memorable... I just think she's a little dull compared.

All the candidates are amazing though, so whichever one you end up picking will be great.

nicodeux

Farmer
I would recommend Harvey personally! He's kind of overshadowed by other characters, and even though Harvey isn't really my top choice, he is a really sweet and charmingly dorky guy that I think everyone should give a chance at some point
I never married Harvey. The first time my farmer was to marry one of the bachelors, it was a race between Sebastian and Harvey. Sebastian was at ten heart first. Since, I never tried Harvey again, but I thank you for the advice.

ValleyGirl said:
So far I've been pursuing Harvey, Leah and Shane and might just try and get all heart events with all three and see after that which one to go for.

So aside from Abigail, Hayley, Krobus, Maru, Sebastian and Emily, out of all the candidates left which would be the best to go for do you think?
It may be satisfying to guide Shane on the way of the self-confidence and help him to become a better man. He's a decent husband though I find his 14 heart event less interesting than the other ones. I don't know if he's a good father as my farmer has not yet gotten doves kids with him. I should give it a try. His extra-room in the farm is not the nicest though and I wonder how he manages to leave dirty footsteps only on this room which has no direct access to outdoor... However, I always find it nice when he his petting is chicken "Charlie" near the mini-coop outside the farm. That makes me proud to have married him and helped him.

ValleyGirl said:
Shane - I wonder if he brings his blue chicken - I'll need to check that in the Wiki
No he doesn't. He brings a mini-coop built outside the farm and he is often near it on the morning, petting his white chicken "Charlie". If there other chickens in the coop or blue ones, we don't know.

As for the bachelorette, I'd go for Penny. She is sweet, she expresses many times how happy she is for being married and living on the farm and she is one of the few marriage candidates that keeps her previous activities/job instead of spending her day looking at randomly placed furnitures. And that's a very good thing for Jas and Vincent! Imagine that "Sorry kids, no class today. I need to look all day long at the kegs of wines placed in the room of my husband/wife".

ValleyGirl

Tiller
So here's another question. Once married...can you still have heart events with other players? I'm keen to see all of the other player heart events, but if I get married does that mean I can't.

nicodeux

Farmer
So here's another question. Once married...can you still have heart events with other players? I'm keen to see all of the other player heart events, but if I get married does that mean I can't.
If your farmer is married, she/he still has the possibility to date all the other bachelors and bachelorettes in order to get their 10 heart event. Unfortunately, your spouse may be jealous when you give a gift to a NPC your are dating (if the NPC is of the same gender than your spouse). Nothing to worry about though, as this is only a 30 friendship penalty that can be easily compensated through gifting/talking/kissing your spouse.

However, I you want to also see all the 14 heart events, you will have to marry and divorce all the marriage candidates! 😅

Hanar

Cowpoke
In my first playthrough I married Harvey, because he is an older candidat and I`m not that young anymore :D

In my second playthrough I married Abigail. She is alternative and is interested in the other worlds. :)
I prefer scientist characters but Maru is too quite and too adapted. A Scientist needs to be a little crazy. :D

NannyO

Cowpoke
Frankly, I want a partner who will help me out, so my choices so far have been Shane, who feeds the animals more frequently, Emily, who gives you some useful boots at max hearts and Penny, who makes food occasionally. To be honest I don’t know who is objectively the best choice. I wish I could marry Marlon, he’s more my age! ❤

Ereo

Helper
Frankly, I want a partner who will help me out, so my choices so far have been Shane, who feeds the animals more frequently, Emily, who gives you some useful boots at max hearts and Penny, who makes food occasionally. To be honest I don’t know who is objectively the best choice. I wish I could marry Marlon, he’s more my age! ❤
All spouses give you gifts (often food, but also bombs for some) and they all help out on the farm equally often (feed animals, water crops, repair fences).

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can marry marlon in stardew valley expanded mod.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hey thats really great to know. I just wish you could have mods installed on Ps4. I have stardew on mobile, ps4 and Steam but don’t currently have a Windows PC.
Android mobile will work soon, currently smapi for that version and the mods themselves haven't updated but I assume it's only a matter of waiting

StardewGazer

Greenhorn
I'm playing a four corners farm with my son and two of his friends at the moment. We login after school on Tuesdays and play until 6pm. Its hilarious and something I look forward to every week. They're only 10 and very serious about it all. We're deciding on marriage candidates and one of them is wooing Abigail, another is wooing Hayley. My son has decided to try and marry Krobus and get him to be his flatmate. I'm not sure who to go for myself.

In other games I've married Maru, Sebastian and Emily, so I want to choose someone else for this game.

So far I've been pursuing Harvey, Leah and Shane and might just try and get all heart events with all three and see after that which one to go for.

So aside from Abigail, Hayley, Krobus, Maru, Sebastian and Emily, out of all the candidates left which would be the best to go for do you think?
Sam and Elliot! Sam may be a tad bit childish but you can't help but love him! And Elliot may come off as a bit pretentious, but he's SO sweet!