Best Friends Option

Miretar

Planter
I think it is great that you can get marry and have kids in the game. However I think it would add more interest if when you reach 8 hearts the option of true friendship becomes available. Being able to help the townspeople with their problems would be very rewarding. It would also be fun to do something for the kids from time to time.

tomaO2

Planter
You mean when you get 8 hearts with the toddler you want a true friendship option? They are still a little young to have any special events with.

If you are talking about getting a true friendship in order to get to 10 hearts, as an alternative to dating a potential love interest. I don't see the point. Like, the only reason to get it to 10 is because you find it annoying that you can't do it otherwise, but getting to 10 doesn't really change anything in your relationships.

As for helping town folk out. You have quest boards to do tasks for them.

Miretar

Planter
They are not toddlers they are children. They have adventures or would like to have them and get into all sorts of trouble where a grownup who is not a parent can be very helpful.

i think the role playing aspects of this game could be expanded beyond FedEx quests.

Alfyna

Sodbuster
YES, this idea is amazing, I want it implemented so bad!!! A friendship bracelet would be the perfect way to introduce this mechanic. You could unlock a best-friend specific greeting from that NPC, have them occasionally over for dinner or to come babysit your toddler when you and your spouse are out, buy them a drink at the saloon/invite them to co-play the arcade games in there like you do with Abigail, have them invite you to the movies or over to their place to hang out -- there are so many cute ways this could be done.

Man this really makes me really think about who I'd want that best friend to be. Probably Abigail would be the most fun Re: all of the above suggestions, but it'd make the mechanic super interesting if you could pick someone like Linus.

I read the title of this thread and immediately thought "Friendship bracelets!!!"

I would definitely love this. In exchange for more friendship hearts being available, maybe being best friends results in quicker relationship decay if you ignore them. Pros and cons have to balance out and if you want a best friend you should be committed to making it last.

I read the title of this thread and immediately thought "Friendship bracelets!!!"

I would definitely love this. In exchange for more friendship hearts being available, maybe being best friends results in quicker relationship decay if you ignore them. Pros and cons have to balance out and if you want a best friend you should be committed to making it last.
Friendship is mag....a two way street. Likewise if you become friends they should call you up and invit you to events like sam buys fireworks and he invite abby seb and brings vincent along and they set off fireworks at the beach.(not allowed in town after what happened to lewis's mailbox). Shane invites you to zuzu city where he is shopping for another pair of shoes or a gift for marnie(event would include food court and clothing stalls)