Beehives

Lew Zealand

Helper
It's 2-5 tiles depending on the direction, kinda weirdly different than the Scarecrow. I always need the Wiki for this one:

I love it because…

It's still a SQUARE. But on it's side. Why not a Square but the other regularly square Square? The game is already very Squarey with it's Squarish buildings and Squaroid Fishing distances but then we get this curveball of a diamondish shape that's really just a slightly confused and tarted up

square.

Last edited:
It's 2-5 tiles depending on the direction, kinda weirdly different than the Scarecrow. I always need the Wiki for this one:

I love it because…

It's still a SQUARE. But on it's side. Why not a Square but the other regularly square Square? The game is already very Squarey with it's Squarish buildings and Squaroid Fishing distances but then we get this curveball of a diamondish shape that's really just a slightly confused and tarted up

square.
Thanks. I will keep it in my mind.

VampireCake

Rancher
Fun fact: If your beehives produce honey before your flowers have grown but you don't want wild honey, you can just not collect it and leave it bobbing away until the flowers bloom, and it'll be the flower honey instead of wild. It saves waiting through another beehive production cycle to start obtaining your petal-infused nectar of choice. :smile:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Fun fact: If your beehives produce honey before your flowers have grown but you don't want wild honey, you can just not collect it and leave it bobbing away until the flowers bloom, and it'll be the flower honey instead of wild. It saves waiting through another beehive production cycle to start obtaining your petal-infused nectar of choice. :smile:
This is what I do, allows for an extra sneaky harvest of expansive honey if I placed my beehives first

Fwufikins

Greenhorn
that's my solution (without deluxe retainig soil)
What a coincidence. I was actually just thinking of some layout ideas involving retaining soil.
Currently at work so I obviously don't have access to the game itself, but I threw something together on a grid.
Stardew Apiary Grid.png

(Pink= Flower, Yellow=Bee House, Black= Path. Everything else is just aesthetic stuff like walls, trees, dirt etc.)
Might not necessarily be 100% optimal, but still a pretty good Honey-Per-Flower output ratio.

What a coincidence. I was actually just thinking of some layout ideas involving retaining soil.
Currently at work so I obviously don't have access to the game itself, but I threw something together on a grid.
View attachment 19028
(Pink= Flower, Yellow=Bee House, Black= Path. Everything else is just aesthetic stuff like walls, trees, dirt etc.)
Might not necessarily be 100% optimal, but still a pretty good Honey-Per-Flower output ratio.
that's on ginger island
ThorBjoern_3-15-2023_6547912233.png

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Before proceeding to build one of the larger designs, i thought of trying this pattern first:

1709465802055.png

Three of those formations, one upon another with just 1 empty space inbetween them, barely fit in the Ginger Island Farm field, on its eastern side! Leaving enough space for excessive farming of crops, in the remaining field! Counting the total boxes and the place they are at, it seems way more effective and profitable to have three of those and on Ginger Island, as opposed to one of the bigger formations and at normal Farmstead (since you can also have Fairy Rose, all year round, too)!

What's your opinion?