Beach Farm!

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
summer of year two. i still havew trouble fishing. have caught about 4 so far. cant figure out how to get the green bar behind the fish and i am using the training pole. and how do you get down past level 10 in the mine. i might have gotten to 12 or 13 but my old sword is needing a upgrade. the farming is going well. lots of money from 15 kegs and salad makers.

Ereo

Helper
summer of year two. i still havew trouble fishing. have caught about 4 so far. cant figure out how to get the green bar behind the fish and i am using the training pole. and how do you get down past level 10 in the mine. i might have gotten to 12 or 13 but my old sword is needing a upgrade. the farming is going well. lots of money from 15 kegs and salad makers.
For fishing, quickly tapping the button to make the bar go up is generally better than pressing it.

For the mines, did you see the elevator? Every 5th level is an elevator stop so now you can start at level 10.

For better weapons, try killing a lot of bugs and checking in with Gil at the adventurers guild for a free one, or destroy the crates and barrels in the mine, they can sometimes drop weapons.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I finished the community center and now I'm fixing the boat! I still need some iridium. I'm waiting for the secret note for level 100 in the skull cavern, which will be soon!

In the meantime I'm trying to get the red and gold dwarf scrolls. I'm also saving up for the furniture catalog. I got the extra rooms on the house, and I'm going to have so many fish tanks!

I'm a little nervous about ginger island. It seems a lot different than the rest of the game, with a lot of puzzles, and unlocking as you go. I'm also a little worried about maintaining two whole farms. When they added the airplane and island farm on Farmville, things started to go downhill quickly! What is it going to be like? Will I be able to figure it out? Is it fun?
Good luck, the dwarf scrolls eluded me for the longest time. As usual, once I stopped stressing about it, I found the last one as a random drop in the mines.

I've just started Ginger Island, and it is a bit of a change from the rest of the game. There are clues to the puzzles in the journal notes, or there are plenty of guides on Youtube.

Currently, I'm just exploring the island while I'm still sorting out my main farm. I think I'm going to build the teleportation obelisk before I really start farming there so that I don't lose too much time going back and forth.

I broke my 2 meteors and I'm smelting my iridium! I will be ready to fix the boat soon!

I did post about this in the bug reporting, but it's not a bug exactly: everything is very jerky. My walking, and the way the scenery moves as I walk, is all starts and stops. It was all silky smooth until one of the recent bug fix patches. Is something wrong with my phone? Something I can adjust?

I did restart my phone, a few times. I kept playing despite the stuttering, then I noticed it was doing smooth like normal again?

After fixing the boat, I got sidetracked by the furniture catalog, and spent 10 days fixing up my house! I decided to take my time.
When I finally got to ginger island, I had no idea what was going on. I keep going back and doing things but yeah, still no idea what is going on! I can't even find my way around so I just run everywhere crazy and eventually pass out.

What am I supposed to be trying to do?

Ereo

Helper
I did restart my phone, a few times. I kept playing despite the stuttering, then I noticed it was doing smooth like normal again?

After fixing the boat, I got sidetracked by the furniture catalog, and spent 10 days fixing up my house! I decided to take my time.
When I finally got to ginger island, I had no idea what was going on. I keep going back and doing things but yeah, still no idea what is going on! I can't even find my way around so I just run everywhere crazy and eventually pass out.

What am I supposed to be trying to do?
When you first arrived, did you follow the small boy into the hut in the jungle? The parrot there tells you where to find golden walnuts. you can use those to give to the parrots all over the island to unlock things.

After that, there was a fire spirit that led you to the volcano. Try to reach the top!

I'm finding golden walnuts and unlocking areas. Got the sleeping hut repaired so I brought over the catalogs. That will keep me busy for a while! I also brought some sprinklers and seeds.
I rescued the researcher and made some donations.
I can't seem to get through the volcano. I have the lava katana and haven't found a prismatic shard for the galaxy sword.
The gem birds are trying to drive me nuts (hahaha). I've spotted 2 but don't understand what they correlate to- I don't know what area I spotted them in. I was running around in the rain at night and there were birds, I put the gem on my best guess pedestals. I've tried several combinations. How will I know if I place them correctly? Do I need to leave them overnight or will something happen right away?

Ereo

Helper
There are 4 gem stones and if you get all correct, something happens immediately.

They will keep appearing on rainy days - once you know two for sure, guessing the others gets easier.

The volcano is a difficult dungeon. Maybe it's easier if you try to run past the monsters instead of fighting them? Take plenty of food though, they hit hard!

Elenna101

Farmer
I'm finding golden walnuts and unlocking areas. Got the sleeping hut repaired so I brought over the catalogs. That will keep me busy for a while! I also brought some sprinklers and seeds.
I rescued the researcher and made some donations.
I can't seem to get through the volcano. I have the lava katana and haven't found a prismatic shard for the galaxy sword.
The gem birds are trying to drive me nuts (hahaha). I've spotted 2 but don't understand what they correlate to- I don't know what area I spotted them in. I was running around in the rain at night and there were birds, I put the gem on my best guess pedestals. I've tried several combinations. How will I know if I place them correctly? Do I need to leave them overnight or will something happen right away?
The volcano is definitely tough, especially when you're just getting there and aren't familiar with the enemies' attack patterns yet. I agree with Ereo, maybe just try to run past them, especially because you rarely have to stop to break rocks in the volcano, just get to the door. And yes, lots of food, eat as soon as you start getting even kind of low. I like to turn the mussels from the rocks near the sleeping hut into sashimi.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
The gem birds can repeat, so the next time you see one, take note of which area you are in (N, S, E, W). I'm still seeing the birds every now and then when it's raining, even after completing the puzzle. If you need more rain, take rain totems to the island.

It doesn't tell you if you got the gems wrong at all, so you'll only know when all four are correct. I waited until I had 3 out of 4 and then checked the remaining 2 gems.

If you only want to unlock the level 10 shortcut, you can double up speed boost with triple espresso and any speed-boosting food. Bring a stack of something like gold cheese and hold it in your hands. Eat some any time your health drops below 1/3, and only switch to pick or watering can if your way is completely blocked. Then just run like mad. But I don't have any advice for actually fighting off the enemies so you can collect actual loot, sorry.

Elenna101

Farmer
I made it through the volcano! But I thought there was supposed to be some passageway or shortcut to get back to the forge without going through again?
I also bested those gem birds!
Yep! Try exploring the forge area a bit. If you take the path off to the left, you come out behind a gate - press the button there and you get back to the starting area. Then the gate will be permanently open for whenever you want to come back.

EDIT: If you got out of the forge without going all the way back through all 9 floors, it's the same passage as you took to do that, it'll be permanently open now.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I made it through the volcano! But I thought there was supposed to be some passageway or shortcut to get back to the forge without going through again?
I also bested those gem birds!
There's a second exit from the forge level which unlocks an exit on the main floor. You *can't* go back through level 9 afterwards, though. (I mean, you can on the same day you first arrive, but then it resets on future days)

MogBeoulve

Farmer
There's a second exit from the forge level which unlocks an exit on the main floor. You *can't* go back through level 9 afterwards, though. (I mean, you can on the same day you first arrive, but then it resets on future days)
Wait, really? There goes my plan to farm level 9 ...

Looks like I need to make my way through the volcano again, and actually find this second exit. I did get the galaxy sword so hopefully that will help. I have the feeling I need better boots, too. And defense or immunity buffs in addition to speed.

nicodeux

Farmer
In addition of any stat boost that will indeed help you, you have to progress more carefully in the Volcano than in other mines to avoid being caught in crossfire: lava lurker range attack + one or more sprites cant quickly becomes deadly, especially if you are in a narrow place.

Ereo

Helper
Looks like I need to make my way through the volcano again, and actually find this second exit. I did get the galaxy sword so hopefully that will help. I have the feeling I need better boots, too. And defense or immunity buffs in addition to speed.
If you made it out the top of level 10, it'll be open. There is only one exit (unless you went back through all floors)