Be able to change/choose the clock from the civilian hours (hr 12) or military hours (hr 24) on different languages.

Hey, I would like to suggest something and it is to have the option to change/choose what clock to have on stardew valley, what i am trying to say it is that when the language of the game is on English the clock is civilian (hr 12) and if you have the language on Spanish the clock is military (hr 24) and at least ware I live Puerto Rico we don't use military we use the civilian the one on the English language so when I play stardew valley I need to adjust my self because when playing I can get confuse with the clock and I need to constantly check the clock so I can know what time it si correctly.

p.s. of course I can just learn the military clock (which I did) but it would be nice to be able to change/choose the clock from the civilian and the military since not all Spanish speaking countries use military clock (hr 24)

Hope that this can be a thing in stardew valley in the near future (very soon if it is possible), it is not a big deal but like I said it would be nice.

Saraneth

Farmhand
I agree with the suggestion of adding the ability to switch between the 12-hour and 24-hour clocks, maybe as a toggle in the game options menu. But please don't call it "military time," as that would likely confuse most people who simply call it "the clock," lol. ^^

I agree with the suggestion of adding the ability to switch between the 12-hour and 24-hour clocks, maybe as a toggle in the game options menu. But please don't call it "military time," as that would likely confuse most people who simply call it "the clock," lol. ^^
Thanks for replying and agreeing with me, well I did add in parentheses what I meant when saying civilian (hr 12) and military (he 24) clock just in case someone didn't understand and I call them like that because that's how they are called, But I can understand that there can be people that don't know this. Anyway it would be nice to have that option in Stardew valley.:proud:

But just in case I am going to add to the title the same parentheses so people that don't know that the hr 12 it is called civilian hours and the hr 24 it is called military hours.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
I thought military time is when you say o-six hundred hours for 6 am and eighteen hundred hours for 6 pm?
Yes, and you use the 24-hour clock instead of the 12-hour clock. 6am is thus 0600 or "oh six hundred", and 1pm is thus 1300, or "thirteen hundred hours".

This suggestion is to allow folks to use the 24-hour clock instead of the 12-hour clock as it is right now.

Ereo

Helper
Nevermind, I translated badly. In my language, you can use 16 o'clock or 4 o'clock the same, whereas 16 hundred hours is military. Now that I think about it, that doesn't work in English.

Yes, and you use the 24-hour clock instead of the 12-hour clock. 6am is thus 0600 or "oh six hundred", and 1pm is thus 1300, or "thirteen hundred hours".

This suggestion is to allow folks to use the 24-hour clock instead of the 12-hour clock as it is right now.
Yes in stardew valley the clock changes depending on the language, for example in English is the 12 hours and for Spanish is the 24 hour I don't now why it is like that but in my case ware I live we don't use the 24 hour one and we speak Spanish, and that's why I suggested this. It would nice to be able to change/choose the clock on stardew.

Nevermind, I translated badly. In my language, you can use 16 o'clock or 4 o'clock the same, whereas 16 hundred hours is military. Now that I think about it, that doesn't work in English.
Yeah and vice versa in Spanish you can't use the civilian hours that it is the 12 hours and that's why I suggested this because not in all Spanish speaking countries use the military one that it is the 24 hours one so it would be nice to have the option to change/choose the clock that you want on stardew valley.

Last edited: