Bat Cave Buff? (Contains 1.5 Spoilers)

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
It's well known by now that most players are probably more likely to choose the mushroom cave over the bat cave because the former is more consistent than the latter, with its products being more useful in the long run. As such, I have a couple of suggestions that might make the bat cave just as worth it to choose as the mushroom cave. First off, maybe the odds of fruit appearing over each night could be increased just a little bit. A 48% chance of no fruit, which means a 52% chance of getting at least one fruit, doesn't make for bad odds by any means, but even just a slight increase in the chances of getting fruit can make all the difference.

Secondly, I think that having it be possible for the bats to produce bananas and mangos would really make players consider getting the bat cave more. They are tree fruits, after all. Getting bananas and mangos earlier in the game means getting a head start on shipping every item, and saving them also means a head start on making the recipes that require them, rather than waiting for a banana and mango tree to grow first. Not to mention, mangos are among Leo's loved gifts, so having a few mangos saved can be really useful when befriending him. However, to keep the possibility of getting bananas and mangos from the bat cave fair and balanced, it would only make sense for them to be among the least common fruit yields.

Last edited:
It's well known by now that most players are probably more likely to choose the mushroom cave over the bat cave because the former is more consistent than the latter, with its products being more useful in the long run. As such, I have a couple of suggestions that might make the bat cave just as worth it to choose as the mushroom cave. First off, maybe the odds of fruit appearing over each night could be increased just a little bit. A 48% chance of no fruit, which means a 52% chance of getting at least one fruit, doesn't make for bad odds by any means, but even just a slight increase in the chances of getting fruit can make all the difference.

Secondly, I think that having it be possible for the bats to produce bananas and mangos would really make players consider getting the bat cave more. They are tree fruits, after all. Getting bananas and mangos earlier in the game means getting a head start on shipping every item, and saving them also means a head start on making the recipes that require them, rather than waiting for a banana and mango tree to grow first. Not to mention, mangos are among Leo's loved gifts, so having a few mangos saved can be really useful when befriending him. However, to keep the possibility of getting bananas and mangos from the bat cave fair and balanced, it would only make sense for them to be among the least common fruit yields.
Wouldn't it be easier to have the ability to rechoose? There are a few suggestions along these lines like this: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/change-cave-choice.11346/