Attaching Tackle with iPad

MarthaI

Greenhorn
I feel like I have become pretty successful fishing with an iridium pole and eating trout stew. I impulsively bought a bunch of tackle, and can't figure out how to attach it to the pole. I feel like I have dragged/dropped in lots of combinations, but I can still only "hold" the rod OR the tackle and not both. Does it simply need to be present in my back pack? If so, the green bar doesn't seem to be diminishing... Anyway, thank you. I imagine I still have a long way to go in a lot of areas, but this one has me stumped!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello MarthaI and Welcome to the Forums!

I think you have to attach Tackle first and then Bait in that order for it to work. You may have Bait already on your Rod and that's preventing the Tackle from attaching, so you'll need to remove it first. I haven't made it far enough on mobile to get the Iridium Rod for Tackle so I'm not sure but I seem to remember this from elsewhere.

Edit: from another post by @redbobcat here: "Have both the pole and the tackle in your bag. Make sure it’s the iridium pole: when you tap and hold it inside your bag, the window pops up with the description and 2 empty slots - 1 for bait and 1 for tackle. Now tap and hold the tackle and drag it on top of the pole, release it and it should be attached. It’s the sane way as attaching the bait to the pole."

Tackle trouble text

It works exactly like adding ammo to the slingshot or putting bait on the fishing pole. You have to open your inventory, I kept trying to do it on my toolbar which doesn't work. (It sometimes works in the inventory displayed when opening a chest or fridge.) In your inventory, just select, hold, and drag the tackle onto the slot where your fishing pole is. When the pole is selected properly the slot should light up. It should go onto the pole when you release.
You can only put one tackle and one stack of bait, and I can't figure any way to remove tackle, bait, or slingshot ammo. Also, sometimes I can't add to a stack of bait or ammo, only replace. To work around this you can swap items instead- you can switch a single wild bait, or the magnet which takes the bait slot, to get the bait off your pole. You can similarly add a single wood to take your good ammo off the slingshot.

1. Make sure you have tackle in your inventory.
2. Go to the fishing spot.
3. dragging/dropping to the fishing rod
4. The tackle will be attached to the pole automatically, you don't need to hold it anymore.

Hope this helps because I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to say

MarthaI

Greenhorn
Hello MarthaI and Welcome to the Forums!

I think you have to attach Tackle first and then Bait in that order for it to work. You may have Bait already on your Rod and that's preventing the Tackle from attaching, so you'll need to remove it first. I haven't made it far enough on mobile to get the Iridium Rod for Tackle so I'm not sure but I seem to remember this from elsewhere.

Edit: from another post by @redbobcat here: "Have both the pole and the tackle in your bag. Make sure it’s the iridium pole: when you tap and hold it inside your bag, the window pops up with the description and 2 empty slots - 1 for bait and 1 for tackle. Now tap and hold the tackle and drag it on top of the pole, release it and it should be attached. It’s the sane way as attaching the bait to the pole."

Tackle trouble text
Thanks, all.

I GOT IT!

What finally worked for me is to manipulate them in one of my storage bins, rather than my backpack. I put the iridium rod and my bait in a storage bin, then drag the bait over the rod, and it drops in. Then - as someone in here observed - when you tap and hold the rod, you can see that it now has a certain number of bits of bait on it. It doesn't >look< different when you are fishing, but you can tell it's there because it's easier! You also get a little notice when you've used your last bit of bait.

MarthaI

Greenhorn
It works exactly like adding ammo to the slingshot or putting bait on the fishing pole. You have to open your inventory, I kept trying to do it on my toolbar which doesn't work. (It sometimes works in the inventory displayed when opening a chest or fridge.) In your inventory, just select, hold, and drag the tackle onto the slot where your fishing pole is. When the pole is selected properly the slot should light up. It should go onto the pole when you release.
You can only put one tackle and one stack of bait, and I can't figure any way to remove tackle, bait, or slingshot ammo. Also, sometimes I can't add to a stack of bait or ammo, only replace. To work around this you can swap items instead- you can switch a single wild bait, or the magnet which takes the bait slot, to get the bait off your pole. You can similarly add a single wood to take your good ammo off the slingshot.
You describe this very well! Thank you. It is hard to imagine until you get it the first time.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I think it's just a plague of trying to describe how to do anything with a touch screen. It's REALLY hard to describe what to do in words. And while it's not intuitive for many people, who then need instructions, it is also apparently so intuitive for many OTHER people that you have trouble finding someone who can clearly explain how to do something.

My workplace just switched software and we're all constantly trying to figure out to do EVERYTHING now. Training was minimal and we keep being told it's very obvious and easy to use. Yeah, no. It's easy to use if you were the one who built the interface. For anyone else, it's an unending nightmare.