PC artifact spots on ginger island west not appearing

sparklinggamer

Greenhorn
I swear when 1.5 first came out, there were artifacts spots every day everywhere, but for weeks not I haven't gotten an artifact spot in the West side of the island (I still need a second snake vertebrae). Did something change with a subsequent patch? Or is this intentional? I've started letting my crops die to clear more space for potential artifact spots (I'm hoping) but they used to spawn along the beach but like I said I haven't seen any in weeks.

Eclaire

Greenhorn
I am having the same problem. I haven't gotten any artifact spots on Island West. I only have three pressure nozzle sprinklers worth of crops on the farm side and everything else is clear. I've only seen one artifact by the tide pools on that side. Perhaps it's because I tilled the entire "farm" portion and planted crops early (I got the Qi fruit quest and did it there) and now even though I've removed crops and pickaxed the ground back to normal, it's not registering as an available spot?

I even tried tilling the rest of the island to see if that would force them to spawn there, but no luck. The only places I seem to get artifact spots now are in the dig site and sometimes one on the south beach.

I sure would like the ostrich egg hatcher, it's the last three walnuts I need on the island.

Tsarducci

Greenhorn
Agree I have had the island open for two in game years and in that time I've only seen one snake vertebrae - and now artifact spots arent spawning on the west side of the island at all, for three or four in game weeks. The artifact spot spawn rate is atrociously low and the snake vertebrae such a rare appearance in these rarely spawning spots, this is completely miserable and the only thing in the way of perfection for me....

Tsarducci

Greenhorn
Update: When I went back to digging artifact spots around the island, I saw a spot on the west side the next day. Could be coincidence, but possibly the spawns are capped across the island.

FIX: pave your entire island. It's tedious and ridiculous but if you lay paths everywhere that worms can spawn (beach, cove, sandy area by museum tent and volcano) they'll spawn on the west side. I waited like 2 years without getting any and then got them the next two days when it was all paved.

AKinChi

Newcomer
FIX: pave your entire island. It's tedious and ridiculous but if you lay paths everywhere that worms can spawn (beach, cove, sandy area by museum tent and volcano) they'll spawn on the west side. I waited like 2 years without getting any and then got them the next two days when it was all paved.
I tried uprooting my entire field of ancient fruit and that didn't do it. Paving the entire island worked. It took roughly 2200 tiles to do it. Thanks for the tip. The ostrich was standing in the way of 100% perfection for me.