Anyone Want to Test an Experiment?

For those unaware there is a glitch that allows you to duplicate a farm however that’s not the important thing to test. The important thing is that by duplicating your farm you essentially create parallel universes that allow you to complete the Joja mart and community center on essentially the same save. And I was thinking that there may be a way to trade items between these parallel universes and finally get every item in the game in the same farm. My idea was to test whether online multiplayer would allow items to be traded. Given the inventory of a character in multiplayer is tied to that character, what would happen if someone joined a farm and then the host copied the farm?? Would the items remain static between the copies? That’s what I would like to test however I need to find someone who plays stardew on switch that would be willing to test this. If anyone is interested just lemme know in this thread and we can set up a time and all that stuff.

Hey shoot me a time and I can help test. This sounds complicated so I may need your help to explain the deets, but I am interested in the results :)

Currently on a painful grind of what feels like an eternity grinding for Living Hat (for a second time) with no luck. Must have passed the average luck too, so don't mind trying something different.

Actually here are my times since I'm not actually available 24/7 as much as I wanted me to D:

MON-FRI: 7PM-11PM EST / 11PM-3AM UTC
SAT-SUN: 1PM-11PM EST / 5PM-3AM UTC

Now I think about it, the farmer's schedule is crazy... 6AM to 2AM? I really need to make him sleep earlier D:

Ereo

Helper
Given the inventory of a character in multiplayer is tied to that character, what would happen if someone joined a farm and then the host copied the farm?? Would the items remain static between the copies?
All information is saved in the host file. If you create a copy, the second character and their inventory will remain the same.

Their will be no interaction between the two files after you separated them.

All information is saved in the host file. If you create a copy, the second character and their inventory will remain the same.

Their will be no interaction between the two files after you separated them.
I thought as much myself however when I tested this idea with co-op I tried to transfer a prismatic jelly to a file that had already completed the quest and I was able to get the quest rewards a second time on that file although the jelly disappeared. I thought perhaps that online multiplayer would allow for the inventory to be stored on a separate switch but you’re prolly right and it stores the item data in the save file itself

Actually here are my times since I'm not actually available 24/7 as much as I wanted me to D:

MON-FRI: 7PM-11PM EST / 11PM-3AM UTC
SAT-SUN: 1PM-11PM EST / 5PM-3AM UTC

Now I think about it, the farmer's schedule is crazy... 6AM to 2AM? I really need to make him sleep earlier D:
here’s my disc: SamTheSkeleton#8364 would definitely make communication a bit easier thanks for offering to help!