Anyone know where I can find accurate fish distribution tables?

Skylark

Newcomer
I tried making my own spreadsheet based on the equations from the wiki, but I'm getting over 100% total probability for some locations and I can't see why, unless the equation I got from the wiki is wrong or I'm misunderstanding what the variables mean... (It's definitely this equation where it's breaking: {relative spawn probability} = {base spawn probability} * POWER( ({all fish failure rate} - {this fish failure rate}) / ({number of fish} - 1}), ({fish queue position} - 1)) .)

Marie

Tiller
Reading through these posts is why I hate fishing in this game and why I think it has totally ruined the game. I have every room finished except for the $&(*#&% fish tank. Guess I'll never get it all finished because none of this makes sense.

Elenna101

Farmer
Reading through these posts is why I hate fishing in this game and why I think it has totally ruined the game. I have every room finished except for the $&(*#&% fish tank. Guess I'll never get it all finished because none of this makes sense.
You don't need to know any of this to get the fish tank. This is just looking at exact probabilities of getting any fish on the line. If you just want to know where/when to catch a specific fish, which is all you need for the fish tank, you can just look it up on the wiki.

Skylark

Newcomer
unless the equation I got from the wiki is wrong
In case anyone is interested in my progress, I realized that that equation found on the wiki is in fact wrong. I feel like there should be a way to derive an equation, but I'm not sure how to do it myself because I'm no statistician, so I asked on Mathematics Stack Exchange. I'm hoping that someone can get me an answer. Because then I'd be able to make this without having to use any code in my spreadsheet, which in my opinion is always favorable.

Drewking666

Newcomer
In case anyone is interested in my progress, I realized that that equation found on the wiki is in fact wrong. I feel like there should be a way to derive an equation, but I'm not sure how to do it myself because I'm no statistician, so I asked on Mathematics Stack Exchange. I'm hoping that someone can get me an answer. Because then I'd be able to make this without having to use any code in my spreadsheet, which in my opinion is always favorable.
Hi, did you get some responses on that formula? I wanted to make a school project coding a fishing simulator for stardew and i noticed that the formula on the wiki is somehow wrong when using a spawning queue with less than 3 fish or too much fish. In the first case since the formula uses ({number of fish}-1) as a denominator, the result is NaN since dividing by 0 is impossible. while in the second case the probability are much larger than 100% since all fish failure rate - this fish failure rate returns a number much larger than 1.