1.6 Update Anyone know when 1.6 will come out for switch, or at least a idea?

Njin

Planter
the 1.5 update took 53ish days to make it to console. PC 1.6 Update happened 15ugh days ago. Considering it isn't as big an update It may take less time but I could be wrong. Iam predicting somewhere in between 25 and 40 days from now. But it might be less and it could be a little more. I'm anxious to get my hands on it

WinnieRoo

Greenhorn
I haven’t heard any dates as of yet. Just fan predictions really.
Which some say maybe sometime in May or June of this year.
I am hoping concernedape will give us an approximate date soon at least.
The console and mobile players are anxiously and excitedly awaiting it’s release for sure.
I am also a Switch player as I only have a Chromebook laptop and well can’t play video games on it.
Fingers crossed it isn’t too long of a wait. Even though it feels like it is already too long of a wait.

ArtifactSpot

Just be glad you’re not mobile. 😆 In all seriousness it’s usually a few months after pc according to history, but it could be sooner. CA is hoping roll out will be sooner this time.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
you mobile player i really do pity cus A WHOLE A yeAR-
Well I was fortunate that my husband has a steam deck and could get a general feel and experience of it all, even though I didn’t finish anything fully. But mobile is much easier for me as my hands don’t work normally. I will experience the rest later, but back to 1.5 for now, which honestly (dodging rotten tomatoes here) I still prefer anyways. I’m thankful to still have 1.5 too.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I hate to say it buttttt.....
It was over 2 years for mobile 1.5. Needing to do it twice because of porting problems and needing to fire the original porting company will do that.
I think I missed the first year of waiting, I didn’t find the game yet then. I really wouldn’t have noticed at all I was so happily enjoying 1.4. But then i found the forums and wiki trying to look things up and it was all the buzz. I was like what the heck does 1.5 mean? Oh you mean I don’t have that yet? Oh. Ok. Nbd I’m having a blast anyways. I miss 1.4 SO much. It truly was my all time favorite.🤩

raffia

Newcomer
我不太喜欢电脑游戏,所以我买了一台 Switch。但它一直没有更新,而其他人却在电脑上享受模组,这一点我很羡慕。为什么控制台不能做同样的事情?我们都为游戏支付相同的价格。我想要方便地随时玩耍和停止。但我的 Switch 卡在 1.5 版本上。什么时候更新到1.6呢?中年人发自肺腑的询问

Odin

Staff member
@raffia All of the consoles will get the 1.6 update at some point, but the way Stardew is developed, PC/Mac will always get updates first. That's just part of a game being developed by a small team and the fact that ConcernedApe created and continues to develop Stardew as game for PCs, while the console updates are handled by a separate company. All the platforms will eventually catch up, and as I mentioned, we'll pass on any announcements from ConcernedApe.

I also did want to mention that (with the exception of the Multiplayer section) we ask people post in English.

raffia

Newcomer
@raffia All of the consoles will get the 1.6 update at some point, but the way Stardew is developed, PC/Mac will always get updates first. That's just part of a game being developed by a small team and the fact that ConcernedApe created and continues to develop Stardew as game for PCs, while the console updates are handled by a separate company. All the platforms will eventually catch up, and as I mentioned, we'll pass on any announcements from ConcernedApe.

I also did want to mention that (with the exception of the Multiplayer section) we ask people post in English.
thank you for your response. 🙏 next time I will translate it into English

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I believe part of the reason we don't have a concrete release date is that the developer doesn't want to promise a date that then turns out to be unrealistic due to unforeseen complications. He doesn't want the porting process rushed, which would cause it to be released with avoidable bugs, or have to repeatedly announce later and later dates. This is not the industry standard, but it just shows how messed up it is to promise things on inflexible schedules.

I'm happy to wait as a result. I'm still enjoying the game cuddled up in bed with a sleepy bunny. And, of course, the wait lets me read up on all the new stuff so I don't get anxiety from not knowing what to do.