Issue Anyone here recognize my issue? [game] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

faconga

Newcomer
I was playing last night and when I opened up to play today this problem occurred. Not sure what exactly to share but I hope this is enough information. I apologize if this is not the correct information.

[game] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.loadSpouseRoom_PatchedBy<Platonymous.TMXLoader>(FarmHouse this)
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.showSpouseRoom()
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.setMapForUpgradeLevel(Int32 level)
at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations_PatchedBy<Platonymous.TMXLoader__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(List`1 gamelocations)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getLoadEnumerator>d__95.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<getLoadEnumerator>d__95 this)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
I was playing last night and when I opened up to play today this problem occurred. Not sure what exactly to share but I hope this is enough information. I apologize if this is not the correct information.

[game] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.loadSpouseRoom_PatchedBy<Platonymous.TMXLoader>(FarmHouse this)
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.showSpouseRoom()
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.setMapForUpgradeLevel(Int32 level)
at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations_PatchedBy<Platonymous.TMXLoader__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(List`1 gamelocations)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getLoadEnumerator>d__95.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<getLoadEnumerator>d__95 this)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)
Hi, instead of the copy paste of the error, could you upload your entire SMAPI log and link to it here? There are instructions at that page for how to find and share it.

faconga

Newcomer
Hi, instead of the copy paste of the error, could you upload your entire SMAPI log and link to it here? There are instructions at that page for how to find and share it.
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! I seriously appreciate that.
https://smapi.io/log/f446f5e17f5346daa1f69449b703b02b here is the link to my log parser. There is so much I hope this is what you were asking for, I know there are some mods on there that don't exactly work in my load order or some need updating but that has never caused any problems in the past. Sorry I took so long to get back to you!

Last edited:

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply! I seriously appreciate that.
https://smapi.io/log/f446f5e17f5346daa1f69449b703b02b here is the link to my log parser. There is so much I hope this is what you were asking for, I know there are some mods on there that don't exactly work in my load order or some need updating but that has never caused any problems in the past. Sorry I took so long to get back to you!
I don't see this error in the log.

Are you married to Robin? I think this error is related to a conflict between Stardew Valley 1.5.6 and TMX Spouse room from The Robin Romance Mod mod. This mod is made for SW 1.5.4, but SW 1.5.5+ got updates for spouse rooms. So this mod needs an update. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3239
If everything is fine with Robin and with her room too, then just ignore this error.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
I know there are some mods on there that don't exactly work in my load order or some need updating but that has never caused any problems in the past.
If you want to make the mods work again
02:37:22ALERTSMAPI Custom Furniture 0.12.1-unofficial.1-strobe: https://smapi.io/mods#Custom_Furniture (you have 0.12.0)
02:37:22ALERTSMAPI Dynamic Night Time 1.3.8: https://www.moddrop.com/stardew-valley/mod/664041 (you have 1.3.7)
02:37:22ALERTSMAPI Wind Effects 1.0.3-unofficial.4-brimbane: https://smapi.io/mods#Wind_Effects (you have 1.0.2)
if Custom Furniture doesn't work the latest version you can get here
Update for Dynamic Night Time is here
Update for Wind Effects is here

02:37:15ERRORSMAPI These mods could not be added to your game.
02:37:15ERRORSMAPI - [CP] Romanceable Rasmodius SVE because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json.
02:37:15ERRORSMAPI - XtardewMobileEvents 0.1.0 because it requires mods which aren't installed (aedenthorn.MobilePhone, aedenthorn.MobilePhone).
Reinstall Romanceable Rasmodius, it looks like you installed it incorrectly
For the error XtardewMobileEvents to disappear just delete [MPC] Xtardew Mobile folder if you are not using a mobile phone

02:40:08ERRORHappy BirthdayThis mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details: InvalidDataException: There are ZERO Happy birthday content packs found for the mod. Without at least one installed there is no guaranteed that this mod will work due to missing dialogue errors. Please install at least one HappyBirthdayContent pack before continuing. One can be found at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/11148 for English dialogue. Thank you! at Omegasis.HappyBirthday.HappyBirthdayModCore.initalizeHappyBirthdayContent() in C:\Users\Joshua Navarro\Desktop\Stardew_Valley_Mods\GeneralMods\HappyBirthday\HappyBirthdayModCore.cs:line 207 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101
For Happy Birthday you need to install Happy Birthday English Content Pack to make it work
Installation

1. Make sure you have SMAPI downloaded.
2. Make sure you have the main mod, Happy Birthday downloaded
3. Download this mod and extract it's contents into StardewValley/Mods folder
Which should look like StardewValley/Mods/HappyBirthdayContentPack en-US
4. Run the game!