Anyone else bothered by some things about the island resort? Need mods! *spoilers*

Purrmaid

Greenhorn
To be honest, I have a fair beef with the beach resort on Ginger Island. You run around working to collect golden walnuts to unlock it but then, not only do you not make any money off of opening and "running" it (i.e. deciding whether it stays open or temporarily/indefinitely closed) but it's actually to your detriment if you need to shop at Pierre's or go the blacksmith because they frequently ditch their businesses to go frolic for free on the island! This seems a bit unfair and also just short-sighted. Any modders out there who might be reading this, I think a mod to at least monetize the resort is very much in order! Frankly there's a lot of opportunity with all kinds of mods for the island, especially the resort and I really hope to see some soon.

Anyone else irked by the unbalanced work:pay-off ratio here? I'm not missing something am I? There seems to be literally no benefit, apart from the short-term of unlocking the southeast area and the handful of walnuts it affords, to opening the "resort". I think it would just be a lot more dynamic and immersive if you could do at least a little more than unlock it, get the goods from the southeast, and then just close it down so Clint and Pierre actually do their jobs! To top it off, Pierre says to you while he's at the resort "I'm losing so much money not being at the shop!" Well, genius.... :hmph:

MaidenOfGore

Farmhand
I don't really find myself needing Pierre's much anymore personally. I keep seeds in stock in case I need them, and only buy loads of seeds on the first of each season :3 and use the geode breaker from Clint! It's kinda funny Pierre realizes he's being lazy though lol.

Elenna101

Farmer
Yeah, I think the main reason to open it is for completionism - for perfection, you need the walnuts and the stingray from the pirate cove area, and you need to buy the cooking recipe from the resort when Gus is there.

That being said, I haven't tried with Clint, but when Pierre is at the resort you can still buy stuff from him! Just go up to the counter as usual, there will be a note saying something like "put money in the box" and you can buy seeds just like normal.

imnvs

Local Legend
Pam. Seriously, like... O. M. G. She's been really working my last nerve lately. I unlocked the resort, and now she keeps going out there... but I can't drive the damn bus! Too many times I've basically needed to get out to the desert, but I can't because Pam's off sunning herself to get all the alcohol to evaporate out through her pores or something.

Purrmaid

Greenhorn
Yeah, I think the main reason to open it is for completionism - for perfection, you need the walnuts and the stingray from the pirate cove area, and you need to buy the cooking recipe from the resort when Gus is there.

That being said, I haven't tried with Clint, but when Pierre is at the resort you can still buy stuff from him! Just go up to the counter as usual, there will be a note saying something like "put money in the box" and you can buy seeds just like normal.
Oh well that's handy, that has escaped both my and my husband's notice, we're just used to not being able to do anything if whatever shopkeeper isn't around. I'm assuming you can't get Clint to break geodes or upgrade tools though, if he's not there. Also I still think more can and should be done with the resort, it would feel more rewarding and realistic.

Elenna101

Farmer
Pam. Seriously, like... O. M. G. She's been really working my last nerve lately. I unlocked the resort, and now she keeps going out there... but I can't drive the damn bus! Too many times I've basically needed to get out to the desert, but I can't because Pam's off sunning herself to get all the alcohol to evaporate out through her pores or something.
This is especially ironic because if you use a warp totem to get to the desert, the animation for taking the bus back clearly shows that your character is driving :grin:

And this is why I always get desert warp totems, lol.