Question Any way to alter hardcoded shop prices like saplings & Strawberry Seeds?

Xen0nex

Tiller
I'm attempting my first mod and am still bungling my way through with crucial help from the wiki guides; a fairly simple Content Patcher content pack aiming at rebalancing most crops, seeds, animal products, etc.

However I've since discovered in some testing that certain item prices, such as fruit tree saplings at Pierre's, or Strawberry Seeds at the Egg Festival, aren't easily changed by changing ObjectInformation fields. Apparently other things like Krobus' stock are also hardcoded, from what I've heard.

Does anybody know of any ways around this? The Fruit Tree saplings in particular I would hate to have to leave unaltered. I've been reading up on the Shop Expander mod, but that seems more focused on adding new items to shop menus, not altering existing items.

UPDATE:

I was directed to the Shop Tile Framework Mod, which has been a big help.
I'm making progress, but am feeling a little stuck. From the supplied guide and comparing to some other mods using STF, I can add duplicates of all the tree saplings to Pierre's with my modified prices, but the vanilla-priced versions are also available. I can remove the vanilla-priced versions from Pierre's stock, but this seems to remove my modified ones as well, even if I try to add those items to Marnie's stock instead of Pierre's. I was also able to remove the vanilla saplings, and still add my modified saplings, but only by removing all other items that Pierre sells.

Does anyone know if STF allows some way to edit an item's price in a shop's stock that I'm missing, rather than removing items or adding new items? Or remove an item from just a particular shop's inventory, instead of from all Vanilla shops?

Right now my understanding is that I could potentially completely remove all of Pierre's stock, then add back the exact same items but with my modified prices for tree saplings, though that seems like quite a bit of work to account for the rotating stock based on date, and I'm not sure if I could reproduce how he resells your farm's produce.

Alternatively maybe I could remove the saplings from Pierre's stock, and create a new shop somewhere that only sells saplings? Though I'm worried that might make my currently simple mod a bit more unwieldly / less compatible.

Last edited: