Any alternate uses for the Nursery?

DemiCryptid

Greenhorn
After 1.5 added the ability to remove the crib and beds from the nursery I've been excited to use the Nursery room for something else, as I've never really wanted to have kids. My first idea was to use it for a tea room but, after seeing some other people's creations, I've decided to use the room south of the bedroom for that. Any suggestions for what to do with this newly vacant room?/What've you done with it if not filled it with your wretched offspring?

Nursery.png

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Looks like you're halfway to a life-sized backgammon board. Need the 2 Giant plushies to stand in for giant fuzzy dice, a Cask or Charcoal Kiln (or Barrel Brazier!) for the dice cup, plates or saucers for the tokens. And the right floor covering to simulate the near player's side. I'll have to peruse Pierre's catalog to see what's best. Maybe put in a bar with drinks at the far end?

Boo1972

Farmer
I built an aquarium in a shed and a smaller “aquarium” could work in the nursery. Maybe a movie room?

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, I typically get the wretched offspring because I find it hilarious to put themed hats on them.

In one save, my favorite when it comes to themes for my mobile hat stands (my preferred term for the kids), was when I put the witch hat on my daughter and the skull mask on my son... so they were 2/3rds of Boogie's Boys (from Nightmare Before Christmas).

Still, that room will often change. In one save the kids got the basement room (the one south of the old bedroom). In another they got the upper right. In another they got the upper left. In another they stayed in that room. Which room is pretty much whim driven, though I do try to do something new every time.

As for what to do with rooms, in general? Make an aquarium room, a den/study, a library, a home office, an indoor garden/greenhouse... someone suggested turning the upstairs into the apartment you live in (you, spouse and 2 kids), the basement room into a processing/storage room, and then turn the entire ground floor into a bar/restaurant. I mean, the possibilities are endless.

Somewhere you can go for inspiration? In the showcase, what some folks do with sheds, you could use for ideas to do in rooms in your house.

DemiCryptid

Greenhorn
Thank you all for the suggestions! I really liked the bedroom idea suggested by ISSsloth, but I already really like my main floor bedroom as it is. So I ended up making a guest bedroom/office combo for my farmhand, for whenever it's getting late and there just isn't time to run across the farm to their cabin. I think Seb likes it too, he came into the room halfway into construction and I had to build the whole thing around him.

1629824136171.png