(Another poll) how many years do you have on your most played world?

How many years do you have on your most played world?

• Total voters

Swartzki

Tiller
My friends and I have a farm we stated at the beginning of the pandemic so of course we named it Coronavirus Farm lol anyway we hadn't touched it in months and just got back to it a few weeks ago and now we are on like year 6.

imnvs

Local Legend
Longest: solo, 5 years + 1 season + 2 weeks + 5 days, total earnings: 74.34M, on hold.

2nd longest: solo, 4 years + 2 seasons + 2 weeks + 4 days, total earnings: 55.59M, currently playing.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Longest is first farm as that one took the longest to figure everything out, late Summer Year 5. And I haven't even played that one in v1.5 with all the new content, it's just v1.4 maxed out so I could see Penny's 14 :heart: event.

And while Penny's event is not one of the best, I have to credit CA with that nudging me to actually decorate my Farmhouse, which I had left bone stock from Day 1. Of course it now looks like a cross between a DIY store showroom and the crazed wall paintings of a shipwrecked sailor, so I suppose there's some debate on whether the whole thing is a net positive.

imnvs

Local Legend
My longest file has 5 years, and I need to beat that eventually since I gotta save up for those big end-game items...
Um, well... but even without going wholly min/max, powergamer-style play you can, if you try hard enough, get those things in year 3 or 4. I mean, some speed-runners are getting some of these things in year 2, but that seems like work to me. I still think that in a new save, with just a little planning, you and anyone else with just a little experience with the game could do it by the end of year 4, even without the "ensure year 1 CC" setting checked.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Um, well... but even without going wholly min/max, powergamer-style play you can, if you try hard enough, get those things in year 3 or 4. I mean, some speed-runners are getting some of these things in year 2, but that seems like work to me. I still think, with just a little planning, in a new save, I think you could do it.
Good for people who can get those items in year 3/4! I am not one of those people and it does not bother me. I don't like the grind that comes with planning and saving up for 10mil+ and I never have. I have played the game since 2016 so I'm well aware of how people can pull off these things quickly. I'm aware I need to do a few grindy things, but I haven't got around to it. I'm sure I will eventually, though.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't like the grind that comes with planning and saving up for 10mil+ and I never have. I have played the game since 2016 so I'm well aware of how people can pull off these things quickly. I'm aware I need to do a few grindy things, but I haven't got around to it. I'm sure I will eventually, though.
I guess we have a different definition of "grind", then. 🤷‍♀️

Rhiannon

Farmer
29 years .. with the first and only gamefile - on PS4
That is awesome. I have two save files but only because the first one wasn't a good farm type for what I realized I wanted to do. So I started over and haven't looked back! I have no desire to start over. Upon finally getting into Ginger Island, I found out that I've only completed 50% of the content. That made me happy!

Good for people who can get those items in year 3/4! I am not one of those people and it does not bother me. I don't like the grind that comes with planning and saving up for 10mil+ and I never have. I have played the game since 2016 so I'm well aware of how people can pull off these things quickly. I'm aware I need to do a few grindy things, but I haven't got around to it. I'm sure I will eventually, though.
Hear hear! My wife on her solo farms never goes above 1 barn and coop, never goes above 50 crops being grown, and of the things she does grow, mostly it's focused on ensuring she can give folks great birthday gifts. Which is perfectly fine! To each their own, there is no right or wrong way to play the game. I'm trying to be more chill about things this save file, but I have to remind myself that I don't have deadlines and it's ok if I don't have the Community Center done year 1, sometimes I can't help myself XD

My longest file is right at the end of year 3, I've started many a file but haven't kept up with any of them the way some of you fine folks have, this file I might go longer in order to get all the content, especially if I work towards a personal goal of mine to get 100 million across a single save file (the most I've done before was around 15-20 million).

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Surprisingly I'm on my 11th year. Seems like my farm should be a lot more advanced than it is. But, in my defense, I have had to spend a good amount of time burning bouquets. 🤨

Midnightauro

Greenhorn
On my first farm, I just hit year 6. I've restarted a few times to make different choices/speedrun but I keep plodding away for perfection on the OG farm. I will probably have a save file to try every marriage out at some point, but that will not be any time soon :grin:

Odin

Staff member
I'm currently on year 8 on my main save! I'm someone that tends not to make lots of different playthroughs in games and so most of my time in the game has been on the save I originally started in 2016. I'm currently working my way towards 100%, although I haven't had as much time to play recently.