Windows An Invisible Goblin Problem

XaqNautilus

Greenhorn
Playing on Win10 through Steam and using SMAPI. I don't think this is a mod related bug.
I played this game through a couple times back in 2018 and my experience caused me to find this bug unexpectedly.

I was progressing through the Dark Talisman quest and had already retrieved the talisman and met up with Rasmodius at the Witch's cave entrance and he let me in. I didn't pay attention to when the Dark Talisman quest disappeared but it was somewhere in here. I don't recall ever receiving the Goblin Problem quest. At that point I went inside and saw the goblin and talked to him. I had my fishing pole handy and spotted the water and new there was a fish I had to catch in here and got to fishing. On my second pull from the water I caught some Void Mayonnaise and that jogged my noggin and I immediately handed it off to the goblin. He licked his lips and left.

At this point I looked inside the tent, completely forgot about the ink and teleported to the Wizard's Tower and got busy doing other things. My quests menu showed nothing related to either quests. I played about almost all of Fall and discovered Ginger Island, which is completely new content to me. It was around this time I remember the Obelisks and I wanted to start working towards getting them and remembered I had to buy them from the Wizard's Tower. I went there but the pedestal didn't contain the book and I couldn't interact.

At this point I hit up a search engine and it brought me to this very forum: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/th...k-after-completing-goblin-problem-quest.7257/

This reminded me about the ink and I picked it up and thankfully finished the quest.

I still think it's a bug that the quest log was empty and didn't prompt me to retrieve the ink.

Now there's four obelisks? Neat! *back to gaming*