Issue An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Noctuarium

Farmhand
Hey everyone, I'm getting this issue when entering my coop. Basically I put a dinosaur egg in the incubator and when I try to enter the coop and the egg has hatched, it prompt me to name the new dino, but will not let me click ok. When I check the SMAPI logs, I see the below in red. I think I've pinpointed it to two issues. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you.

ERROR 1

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Character.Halt() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Character.cs:line 381
at StardewValley.FarmAnimal.StopAllActions() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmAnimals\FarmAnimal.cs:line 714
at StardewValley.FarmAnimal.setRandomPosition(GameLocation location) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmAnimals\FarmAnimal.cs:line 684
at StardewValley.AnimalHouse.addNewHatchedAnimal(String name) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\AnimalHouse.cs:line 263
at StardewValley.Event.<command_animalNaming>b__83_0(String animal_name) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.Commands.cs:line 1583
at StardewValley.Menus.NamingMenu.textBoxEnter(TextBox sender) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\NamingMenu.cs:line 91
at StardewValley.Menus.NamingMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\NamingMenu.cs:line 159
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5589
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4807
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1080

ERROR 2

[Shop Tile Framework] Refreshing stock for all Vanilla shops...
[Shop Tile Framework] Generating stock for MarnieShop
[SpaceCore] Doing skill menus
[Entoarox Modding Utilities] This mod failed in the GameLoop.Saving event. Technical details:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(Object target) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 61
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(IList`1 inventory) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 39
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(Item target) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 49
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(IList`1 inventory) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 32
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.EntoUtilsMod.SerializeCustomObjects(Object s, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\EntoUtilsMod.cs:line 190
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Hey everyone, I'm getting this issue when entering my coop. Basically I put a dinosaur egg in the incubator and when I try to enter the coop and the egg has hatched, it prompt me to name the new dino, but will not let me click ok. When I check the SMAPI logs, I see the below in red. I think I've pinpointed it to two issues. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you.

ERROR 1

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.Character.Halt() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Character.cs:line 381
at StardewValley.FarmAnimal.StopAllActions() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmAnimals\FarmAnimal.cs:line 714
at StardewValley.FarmAnimal.setRandomPosition(GameLocation location) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\FarmAnimals\FarmAnimal.cs:line 684
at StardewValley.AnimalHouse.addNewHatchedAnimal(String name) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\AnimalHouse.cs:line 263
at StardewValley.Event.<command_animalNaming>b__83_0(String animal_name) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.Commands.cs:line 1583
at StardewValley.Menus.NamingMenu.textBoxEnter(TextBox sender) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\NamingMenu.cs:line 91
at StardewValley.Menus.NamingMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\NamingMenu.cs:line 159
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5589
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4807
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1080

ERROR 2

[Shop Tile Framework] Refreshing stock for all Vanilla shops...
[Shop Tile Framework] Generating stock for MarnieShop
[SpaceCore] Doing skill menus
[Entoarox Modding Utilities] This mod failed in the GameLoop.Saving event. Technical details:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(Object target) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 61
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(IList`1 inventory) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 39
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(Item target) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 49
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.Serializer.Serialize(IList`1 inventory) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\Serializer.cs:line 32
at Entoarox.Utilities.Internals.EntoUtilsMod.SerializeCustomObjects(Object s, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Gebruiker\source\repos\StardewMods\EntoaroxUtilities\Internals\EntoUtilsMod.cs:line 190
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101
Hi, instead of the copy paste of the error, could you upload your entire SMAPI log and link to it here? There are instructions at that page for how to find and share it.