Issue An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

hello:) this is my first time posting anything here, so please excuse me if i make any mistakes. english isn't my first language either, so please bear with me. ive been playing stradew for a while now, also modded, but recently i keep getting this warning: "[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format." it never used to happen before, but now it does every time i play. nothing changes in game when it happens. my game doesnt freeze or crash or anything, its first when looking through the "game log" (thats what i think its called) that i see the warning. can anyone help? i have linked the log, let me know if there is any problems, thank you in advance:)
log: https://smapi.io/log/acabddc7a7404b5b8a0c96a8c990c39f

hello:) this is my first time posting anything here, so please excuse me if i make any mistakes. english isn't my first language either, so please bear with me. ive been playing stradew for a while now, also modded, but recently i keep getting this warning: "[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format." it never used to happen before, but now it does every time i play. nothing changes in game when it happens. my game doesnt freeze or crash or anything, its first when looking through the "game log" (thats what i think its called) that i see the warning. can anyone help? i have linked the log, let me know if there is any problems, thank you in advance:)
log: https://smapi.io/log/acabddc7a7404b5b8a0c96a8c990c39f
Thanks for the log.

Seems to be an issue related to the bus stop; of which you have quite a few mods affecting it:
Code:
16:43:34    TRACE    SMAPI       Bus Locations (from Mods/BusLocations/BusLocations.dll)...

17:26:08    TRACE    game    Warping to BusStop
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'Stardew Valley Expanded' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'Grandpa's Farm' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'Ridgeside Village (Content Patcher component)' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'East Scarp NPCs' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'Juliet, Jessie and Lodging House' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'NPC Mr Ginger' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the 'Yri's Project Yellog - Yri the architect' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Events/BusStop (for the '(NPC) Rodney O'Brien' content pack).
17:26:09    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (1538310958003044793) warped from: Town, to: BusStop
17:26:27    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (1538310958003044793) warped from: BusStop, to: Desert
17:26:49    TRACE    game    Warping to BusStop
17:26:50    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (1538310958003044793) warped from: Desert, to: BusStop
17:33:32    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (1538310958003044793) warped from: BusStop, to: Desert
17:33:52    TRACE    game    Warping to BusStop
17:33:53    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (1538310958003044793) warped from: Desert, to: BusStop

17:34:04    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(ReadOnlySpan`1 value, NumberStyles styles, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
   at BusLocations.ModEntry.DialogueAction(Farmer who, String whichAnswer)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.answerDialogue(Response answer)
   at StardewValley.Locations.BusStop.answerDialogue(Response answer)
   at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.receiveKeyPress(Keys key)
   at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAP
But, it does reference "BusLocations" in the error.
Can you try temporarily removing the "BusLocations" mod first, and see if that works?

hi, thanks for the quick reply:)
ive removed the "buslocation" mod, the "east scrap bus stop" mod and the "train station bus stop" mod.
i am still getting a warning, except it looks like this now: "[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." again, i cant tell a difference when playing the game, all i can say is that the warning first showed up, after going to bed and waking up the next day.
ive put the link to my log down below, please let me know if there is any problem. thank you in advance:)
log: https://smapi.io/log/09e7dca1487648479090d6fe177ec124

hi, thanks for the quick reply:)
ive removed the "buslocation" mod, the "east scrap bus stop" mod and the "train station bus stop" mod.
i am still getting a warning, except it looks like this now: "[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." again, i cant tell a difference when playing the game, all i can say is that the warning first showed up, after going to bed and waking up the next day.
ive put the link to my log down below, please let me know if there is any problem. thank you in advance:)
log: https://smapi.io/log/09e7dca1487648479090d6fe177ec124
Thanks for the new log.

It looks like the bus location error is gone; which is good.
In terms of the new error it looks like some schedule error relating to an NPC that potentially visits the farmer.

Code:
02:25:34    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.updateMovement(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location, Int64 id, Boolean move)
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush)
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117
Though, I'm not too sure which as it's vague on the mod in question.
You could try temporarily removing a few mods at a time, til you find it cleared. And, then re-add stuff back til you narrow it down.

hi:) so i did as you suggested and removed some mods, which helped. then i added the mods again, one at a time, to try to figure out which one was causing the warning. ive now added all the mods i removed, but im not getting the warning anymore, so idk what i did or what changed but im not getting the warning at all. so thank you for your help, if the warning comes back, i'll be back again:)

hi:) so i did as you suggested and removed some mods, which helped. then i added the mods again, one at a time, to try to figure out which one was causing the warning. ive now added all the mods i removed, but im not getting the warning anymore, so idk what i did or what changed but im not getting the warning at all. so thank you for your help, if the warning comes back, i'll be back again:)
Ah, that's odd. Just out of curiosity; did you play a day or more when the mods were removed?
It may only occur on certain days.

hello hello:) it happen again:sweat: but as far as i can tell it only happens after going to bed on sundays.
log: https://smapi.io/log/7a152e2f4a8f4f4d994e17285003611d
edit: and ive been thinking, i didnt download any new mods or anything before it happened, i was just playing like normal, so could it be that i have to update some mods? but the black box thing doesnt say i have any updates. just a thought:)
So, another user has the same error: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/game-keeps-glitching.19328
You mentioned Sundays, and they tried removing a few mods.
Removing EastScarpe seemed to help.

Your log shows the mods up to date. This would be more some bug in the current data.

Last edited: