am I missing something? (1.6)

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
there has been a lot of big talk about the 1.6 update everywhere for so long. But I haven’t seen much difference in my playthrough except green rain storm, a few scenery changes, bigger house and extra pets. not saying anything wrong about it, but not sure if I’m missing something big or it was just several nice small changes. Please tell me what I’m not seeing. I know CA worked hard on this and I’d like to appreciate it more, but I’m just not seeing it yet.

Lew Zealand

Helper
there has been a lot of big talk about the 1.6 update everywhere for so long. But I haven’t seen much difference in my playthrough except green rain storm, a few scenery changes, bigger house and extra pets. not saying anything wrong about it, but not sure if I’m missing something big or it was just several nice small changes. Please tell me what I’m not seeing. I know CA worked hard on this and I’d like to appreciate it more, but I’m just not seeing it yet.
Lots and lots of small changes to enhance the core gameplay is the theme of this update. It expands the game a little on all fronts instead of adding a big, noticeable new area to explore. One thing is that some of the new content becomes available only after certain things are done first, like what Odyssey is referring to. And there are a few of these so it's about playing as you usually do but getting a little more at every turn, including during later gameplay so that will be revealed as you continue playing.

Last edited:
Try to repair the bus before Spring Year 2, and you'll sure be excited. 😉
There's more cool events, and there's a ton of new items - nothing really big like Ginger Island in 1.5, no, but lots and lots of small and not so small changes, as Lew Zealand said.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
oh so late game changes. I will try my older file then. it said to try from the beginning or I might miss something. that’s why I started fresh. I like meadows farm so I will keep it for later. Thank you!

Lew Zealand

Helper
oh so late game changes. I will try my older file then. it said to try from the beginning or I might miss something. that’s why I started fresh. I like meadows farm so I will keep it for later. Thank you!
Not only late game changes, but changes throughout the game including some that are only accessible later in the game. However if you bring up a later game save, most of the things will happen more quickly because you've 'unlocked' many of the prerequisites during the course of your previous gameplay. I can't think of anything specific that you would completely miss by opening up an older save but that's just because I mostly forget everything.