Always something new

susb8383

Planter
I'm absolutely amazed that I'm still learning new things about this game. For example:

I just recently realized you can tell which way a tree is going to fall if you watch which way it shakes when you chop it.

I *just* discovered that once you've unlocked pigs, you can put them in ANY barn! I accidentally moved them to the middle sized barn and it let me.

Daniiiiii

Sodbuster
Same here! Recently I discovered the golden scythe in the quarry mine and much more. Two of the most amazing features I have discovered are being able to change the color of your farm buildings through Robin's shop and the ability to dye your clothes using Emily’s dye pots. There is probably much more I am yet to discover in this amazing game.

junimobrat

Cowpoke
I just recently realized you can tell which way a tree is going to fall if you watch which way it shakes when you chop it.
You can also prevent it from falling in the water if you stand on the side where the water is. Pretty handy, especially if you don't want your hard earned logs to swim in the river. XD

susb8383

Planter
Yup, painting the buildings is pretty cool. It took me a while to see that clicking on the arrow cycles through Building, Roof, and Trim colors. Also that you can add a color to a pallet so that you can use the same color scheme on all your buildings. Pretty neat!!

susb8383

Planter
You can also prevent it from falling in the water if you stand on the side where the water is. Pretty handy, especially if you don't want your hard earned logs to swim in the river. XD
Exactly. Sometimes if I can't be between it and the water but am above or below it, I move to a different location if it's going to fall towards the water instead of away from it.

Daniiiiii

Sodbuster
Hey! Yeah once you unlock tailoring you should be able to dye your clothes If you interact with the pots next to the sewing machine and this feature came out in 1.4 with tailoring.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
Once you unlock the bigger barns and coops, all animals can go in any coop or barn. That's not new to 1.5, just try it.

Uzzlegorf

Farmer
The 1.4 update includes in the update notes that it fixed a bug where taking down a fencepost also destroyed a torch placed on it, so this feature existed prior to 1.4.
I know it did I just didn't know about it.
I watched an old SDV video on Youtube recently and found out it's a thing...

imnvs

Local Legend
I know it did I just didn't know about it.
I watched an old SDV video on Youtube recently and found out it's a thing...
That's why I didn't quote you. I wasn't talking to you directly. 😉 I was talking to RhysJoveson, who actually asked the question I was answering.

Johndeere756

Planter
I didn't know you can change the color of buildings. That gives me something new to play around with. It is amazing all the new things I am still learning, and I am on year 4 of my main farm.

rippytrippy

Planter
I found out your spouse generally seems better if you give them gifts often... whoops... no wonder me and Seb didn't work things out