All my shoes are red

tityanya

Newcomer
I'll try and attach some photos when I get home, but whenever I put on any shoes, they come out this bright red color. I found this reddit thread detailing the same issue, but I got very confused and nothing I did seemed to fix the issue. It might've been caused by a mod, I'm not sure, but when I pulled all my mods out the shoes were still bright red. I was wondering if I could get a more detailed explanation for how to fix it if the reddit thread is correct?

mvnchiemonster

Greenhorn
hi, I've noticed nobody commented on your thread yet and wondered if you've fixed this issue since. this happened to me today after I deleted a mod it changed something in the save code and I found this process really confusing but after a while but finally got it in the end. I did follow this process in the Reddit thread, which was explained very weirdly, so I will try to explain it a bit better.

there is no need to delete or reinstall any mods that affected this!

this happened to all the shoes I had btw!

basically, it is different whether you are on Linux, Mac, Windows etc., I am on a Mac.

1. go into wherever you search to find a particular folder as mentioned in... https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Windows (for all platforms)

2. you look for your saved world that had been affected by these horrible red shoes and I changed the code in SaveGameInfo file as well as the World file (these are not the old saves)

3. use the search system once you've opened both those files and search for indexInColorSheet and it should take you to one of the shoe(s) affected

4. the little number next to the indexInColorSheet>(number)< should be a 0 (red) if it were affected by a mod, to know the colours of all the shoes I've mentioned a link at the bottom of this info :)

5. if the number next to the indexInColorSheet is not a 0 and is the correct number but still showing up as a bright red you need to play the current day with the bright red shoes on, I know it's annoying but this is how you troubleshoot it. once you've saved the day, close out of Stardew Valley and go back into your SaveGameInfo and World file to once again change the indexInColorSheet>0< to the correct number. it should now be a zero since it was a new save!

hope this helps C:

colours of shoes: https://pdfhost.io/v/IQopDlyIC_Stardew_Valley_Shoe_Color_Spritesheet (you can always check the wiki if the shoes that you wanted to change the colour of are correct)

sunsplace

Greenhorn
hi, I've noticed nobody commented on your thread yet and wondered if you've fixed this issue since. this happened to me today after I deleted a mod it changed something in the save code and I found this process really confusing but after a while but finally got it in the end. I did follow this process in the Reddit thread, which was explained very weirdly, so I will try to explain it a bit better.

basically, it is different whether you are on Linux, Mac, Windows etc., I am on a Mac.

1. go into wherever you search to find a particular folder as mentioned in... https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Windows (for all platforms)

2. you look for your saved world that had been affected by these horrible red shoes and I changed the code in SaveGameInfo file as well as the World file (these are not the old saves)

3. use the search system once you've opened both those files and search for indexInColorSheet and it should take you to one of the shoe(s) affected

4. the little number next to the indexInColorSheet>(number)< should be a 0 (red) if it were affected by a mod, to know the colours of all the shoes I've mentioned a link at the bottom of this info :)

5. if the number next to the indexInColorSheet is not a 0 and is the correct number but still showing up as a bright red you need to play the current day with the bright red shoes on, I know it's annoying but this is how you troubleshoot it. once you've saved the day, close out of Stardew Valley and go back into your SaveGameInfo and World file to once again change the indexInColorSheet>0< to the correct number. it should now be a zero since it was a new save!

hope this helps C:

colours of shoes: https://pdfhost.io/v/IQopDlyIC_Stardew_Valley_Shoe_Color_Spritesheet (you can always check the wiki if the shoes that you wanted to change the colour of are correct)
Thank you so so much for this reply!!! I hated that all my shoes were red. Now I gave them a nice colour again.

candybox103

Newcomer

hope this helps C:

Hi, I can't modify the file... when I edit the file and press to save the changes, Wordpad crashes and closes by itself, without making any changes. I don't know what else to do, I'm almost giving up on my save.

pombee

Newcomer
Hi, I can't modify the file... when I edit the file and press to save the changes, Wordpad crashes and closes by itself, without making any changes. I don't know what else to do, I'm almost giving up on my save.
Hi, I hope you're good.

To give you a reply, you can use Sublime Text, the wiki tells you how to set up everything so you can use it https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves
And the instructions are in the "Advance" section.

Every shoe color number goes like this:
Sneakers = 0
Rubber Boots = 1
Leather Boots = 2
Work Boots = 3
Combat Boots = 4
Tundra Boots = 5
Leprechaun Shoes = 14
Thermal Boots = 6
Cowboy Boots = 11
Dark Boots = 7
Firewalker Boots = 8
Genie Boots = 9
Space Boots = 10
Emily's Magic Boots = 13
Cinderclown Shoes = 15
Mermaid Boots = 16
Dragonscale Boots = 17
Crystal Shoes = 18

Idk if you did give up on your save, and i hope you can go back to it and enjoy it again, but if you did and stopped caring or if you didn't, I'll leave this in case someone else needs it in the future!

Also, Sublime Text is kind of tricky if you're not used to that kind of software, but everything the instructions tell you to look for, is in the same console the program gives you (just in case someone is as lost as I was).

AND as far as I could see you had to have the shoes in your inventory so the game can register them in your save file and you can find them in the file with your farm's name!