Four Corners Farm Airborn Farm (Updated Summer Year 1)

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since my last post (4 months). Minecraft is to blame! :D But I've been playing some Stardew recently and wanted to share the progress & ambitions of my latest singleplayer farm.

Introducing... Birdwatcher's very own Airborn* Farm!
Airborn Screenshot Low Quality.jpg
*I only learned after naming my farm that "airborne" has an "e". Why, English, why?

Progress
I'm up to the 23rd of Summer Year 1. Here are some of the things that I've achieved:
  • Over 470 Hops & almost 300 other crops planted and watered by 97 Quality Sprinklers
  • The Desert, Greenhouse, Minecarts & Glittering Boulder unlocked (I went Joja)
  • A Stable, and a stable steady supply of the speed staples (Coffee & Crab Cakes)
  • Level 10 in Farming, Mining, and Fishing
  • Iridium Pickaxe, Gold Axe, Iron Hoe & Watering Can
  • 52 Oak Trees planted for many, many kegs
  • 400k in total earnings
I'm really pleased with the progress I've made so far. Things are certainly happening a lot faster than they have on my previous farms! However, my intense focus on boosting income hasn't come without compromises: at the moment, the person at the top of my social page is Robin, with the single heart I received from returning her lost axe!

Another funny coincidence is that I've sold a Prismatic Shard before I've even sold a Sardine! That's because I never wasted anytime at the Beach in Spring, and was incredibly lucky to receive two Prismas in the Mines. One for the Galaxy Sword, one for the cash!

Goals
Since I've currently got no plans to start another longterm farm after this one, I've set myself some pretty massive goals that I would like to work towards – notice that I didn't say complete, because some of these aren't realistically fully achievable. But I'll give them each a try and complete as much as is sensible!

Collect a full stack (999) of each item
For a select few items, this challenge will be nearly impossible (e.g. Island Artifacts, Rainbow Shells, Octopi).
For many items, this will be incredibly grindy (e.g. all the Fish, Cave Carrots, Fiddlehead Ferns).
For the majority, this will take time but is very achievable (Crops, Forageables, Animal Products).
But for the remaining niche items, this will be a really neat way to add more of the "maximisation puzzles" that I really enjoy. It will force me to learn @FilthyGorilla's Clay farming technique (or come up with my own route), teach me where the best spots to look for Ginger are, or how much Green Algae I can catch in one day.
I also want the crops, forageables, and unique Artisan Products to be Iridium Quality, but not crop-specific Artisan Products (Wines, Juices, Jellies & Pickles); I imagine it will just take way too long to apply all the Fairy Dust. Similarly, the cooked dishes will most likely be normal-quality, because I can't imagine having much fun grinding the same quests over and over for Qi Gems.

Earn 1 billion G
This one might not be as hard as it seems as first, because I'll set it up to chug along in the background while I'm working on my other projects. I plan to fill a quadrant or two (or three) of my Four Corners farm with Auto Fed, Petted & Grabbed Golden Chicken Coops™. If that's not enough, then I guess I'll just have to come up with a better plan!

Decorate the whole Valley, Island & Desert
Pretty self-explanatory. I want to leave no area untouched, so that you can see I've put thought into the aesthetics wherever you happen to be, whether that's the Bus Stop or the Mutant Bug Lair!

Well, that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed the latest addition to Hill Myna's Collection Of Thousand-Word-Long Forum Posts (actually 676 this time), have a great day everyone! :D

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thanks for the encouragement, FG! :D
No problem, your farms are always nice to look at and you definitely have the “grindset” (get it?) to do these bigger challenges.
I wish you loads of luck and also a bit random but a couples things I’d like to point out as well.
if you don’t care about exploiting a feature that much and aren’t on switch I would just use traditional clay farming as it’s much faster than my method.
I also wouldn’t care about the golden chicken coops if you are only going for a billion g, while it sounds a bit counter intuitive, while you are doing the other challenges just doing starfruit on ginger island or something will give you way more than enough money and the coops are a load of effort that only really matters if you sleep through a lot of time. Since you will be nearly constantly preoccupied it’s best to leave the farm ready for the many many fishponds you will need for all the fish and fish pond related items. :)

hope this helps a bit, feel free to do what you want with this info but as someone who has gone way too far down that rabbit hole the coops aren’t worth it except in very few scenarios.

Hill Myna

Farmer
you definitely have the “grindset” (get it?) to do these bigger challenges
😆
if you don’t care about exploiting a feature that much and aren’t on switch I would just use traditional clay farming as it’s much faster than my method.
Yeah, I still play on Switch. If I weren't, I would definitely think about exploiting utilising this mechanic feature. :D
I also wouldn’t care about the golden chicken coops if you are only going for a billion g, while it sounds a bit counter intuitive, while you are doing the other challenges just doing starfruit on ginger island or something will give you way more than enough money and the coops are a load of effort that only really matters if you sleep through a lot of time. Since you will be nearly constantly preoccupied it’s best to leave the farm ready for the many many fishponds you will need for all the fish and fish pond related items. :)
You made me do the math, and with 800 Hyper SG Agriculturist Starfruit growing (GI + Greenhouse, more or less), kegged, and sold as Artisan Wine, it would only take me about 25 years to reach 1 billion, not even counting other sources of income. I think that will be a reasonable timeframe given all the other things that I have planned. I will follow your advice. :) And yes, I will definitely need all the space I can get for Fish Ponds!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There is someone on YouTube and twitch doing the 999 of every item challenge and he is on like year 40 without even finishing all the bulk items yet and he passed 1 bil a while back. 999 of every item is such a large challenge that the timeframe will just shrink in comparison. You’ll also need about 1.5 billion total if you don’t uselessly spend as just SoEF alone will cost you 999 million.

that money will come organically though, and the lag from the animals isn’t worth it overall.

Hill Myna

Farmer
There is someone on YouTube and twitch doing the 999 of every item challenge and he is on like year 40 without even finishing all the bulk items yet and he passed 1 bil a while back. 999 of every item is such a large challenge that the timeframe will just shrink in comparison. You’ll also need about 1.5 billion total if you don’t uselessly spend as just SoEF alone will cost you 999 million.
Yeah, this goal is less "something I am planning to achieve", and more "the thing that I work towards so that I always have something to do". There's a good chance I'll complete all of the items that I deem "fun", and I'll give the rest a decent shot, but if I've gotten to the point where it becomes incredibly repetitive and I'm losing interest, then I'll probably take a break. I can always pick this up later if I've got the motivation to continue (maybe when 1.6 comes out).

So the plan is to have 1 billion before I reach that point, which means I'll probably need to earn it sooner rather than later. :)
the lag from the animals isn’t worth it overall
I had no idea they caused lag! That's probably a pretty big factor on Switch then, because it's not exactly the highest-performing piece of hardware to my knowledge. I'm becoming more and more appreciative of you "saving me now" the more you tell me! 😂

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, this goal is less "something I am planning to achieve", and more "the thing that I work towards so that I always have something to do". There's a good chance I'll complete all of the items that I deem "fun", and I'll give the rest a decent shot, but if I've gotten to the point where it becomes incredibly repetitive and I'm losing interest, then I'll probably take a break. I can always pick this up later if I've got the motivation to continue (maybe when 1.6 comes out).

So the plan is to have 1 billion before I reach that point, which means I'll probably need to earn it sooner rather than later. :)

I had no idea they caused lag! That's probably a pretty big factor on Switch then, because it's not exactly the highest-performing piece of hardware to my knowledge. I'm becoming more and more appreciative of you "saving me now" the more you tell me! 😂
Yeah I don’t think it causes that much outright lag but I went back to playing on my not super old laptop and it took like 12 seconds to save the day as opposed to on my mid teir gaming laptop 7 seconds and a new save’s 4 seconds….

may save file folder is also like 130 mb as opposed to the regular 6-7 mb

so it impacts the saving quite a bit and might not be great on the switch, I definitely wouldn’t let them outside.

Odin

Staff member
Decorate the whole Valley, Island & Desert
Pretty self-explanatory. I want to leave no area untouched, so that you can see I've put thought into the aesthetics wherever you happen to be, whether that's the Bus Stop or the Mutant Bug Lair!
It would be great to see your progress on this challenge!