Agriculturist buff idea

Fluffy Vixen

Greenhorn
I think everyone who played this game already knows just how overpowered artisan is. Still I picked agriculturist for roleplay reasons (duh, I'm not playing cozy wholesome farmer game for min-maxing). However I just had an idea of how to make agriculturist profession way more viable. And that is - the ability to combine fertilizers. Basically, In addition to 10% growth speed agriculturists can apply more than one fertilizer to the same plot (they have to be of different categories, for example speed gro and deluxe speed gro would still conflict). Having crops with speed go, fertilizer AND retaining soil at the same time sounds awesome. Maybe someone already made this as a mod?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Possibly, though that makes the animal branch even less desirable. I think most mods that affect professions usually opt to nerf artisan or change it instead. Though I have seen mods in which agriculturist allows the collection of iridium quality crops.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
As long as the weaker mechanisms get buffed, but the stronger ones do NOT get nerfed, i am all for it. Every player should enjoy the game and have the chance, for their field of choice, to be both viable and ludicrous.

Although, to be perfectly honest, the system already in effect seems logical and well-founded, too. It's the natural progression: Crops -> Animals -> Crafted Goods

As long as all players can become happy, without part of them becoming unhappy in the process, suggestions like the OP's should be taken into consideration.

imnvs

Local Legend
Artisan is OP as far as farming occupations go... but srsly, Agriculturalist is the 2nd most powerful option. If we're not looking at rebalancing all of the options, just Agriculturalist, I think we're focusing on the wrong things. I'm not saying that Agriculturalist doesn't need a bit more to compete with Artisan... but everything on the animals side of things needs even more thought and consideration first.

Last edited: