After i Load my save game, my game restarts and i cant even start a new file.

KuDraRoke

Greenhorn
Hey, lately i played with my girlfriend a new stardew run and we tried to mod our game. We played a few hours now and had not many problems but... (We play local/split screen) sometime when we go to bed and the " game saved " screen should come. The game wont proccess and we are stuck. So we have to do the day again.
I kinda tryed to fix it and tryed to removing some error codes in the console with updating the mods and adding missing ones. After i did that my game restarts after i load my save file. I cant even start a new file. The same thing happens. Im really lost rn and dont know what to do. It would be really awesome if someone could help or figure it out for me. Have a great Day!

I did upload my complete console for you guys. Ty

Last edited:
Hey, lately i played with my girlfriend a new stardew run and we tried to mod our game. We played a few hours now and had not many problems but... (We play local/split screen) sometime when we go to bed and the " game saved " screen should come. The game wont proccess and we are stuck. So we have to do the day again.
I kinda tryed to fix it and tryed to removing some error codes in the console with updating the mods and adding missing ones. After i did that my game restarts after i load my save file. I cant even start a new file. The same thing happens. Im really lost rn and dont know what to do. It would be really awesome if someone could help or figure it out for me. Have a great Day!

I did upload my complete console for you guys. Ty
Hi, thanks for attempting to upload the screenshots of everything, but it's very hard to read.

The preferred method of sharing a SMAPI log is via this site: https://smapi.io/log/
Follow the instructions there, and link me the output.

Thank you for your advice, i changed my post
Thanks!
For the error; it seems the save is crashing due to a missing, vanilla game file for Gil.
Code:
19:37:22    ERROR    game    InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 2164974).
 ---> Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found.
 ---> FileNotFoundException: Content\Portraits/Gil.xnb
 ---> DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Gil.xnb'.
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
Resetting your content files should repair the installation, and redownload the file:

KuDraRoke

Greenhorn
Hello its me again, maybe you can help me with the next problem.
My game still just breaks(wont proceed in the saving step) when both of us go in bed, ourskills will be listed and what we sell. After the sell screen the games goes like normally black and should save, but its getting stuck while the messages appears. (waiting for other players) it wont save and im stuck (split screen)

In your new log; I'm seeing an error now for DeepWoods:

Code:
14:14:35    🖵1    ERROR    SMAPI    An error occurred in the overridden update loop: InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document.
 ---> InvalidOperationException: The type DeepWoodsMod.DeepWoods was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write188_GameLocation(String n, String ns, GameLocation o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write236_SaveGame(String n, String ns, SaveGame o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write237_SaveGame(Object o)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
   at SpaceCore.Patches.SaveGamePatcher.SerializeProxy(XmlSerializer serializer, XmlWriter origWriter, Object obj) in C:\Programming\StardewValley\ModSource\SpaceCore\Patches\SaveGamePatcher.cs:line 401
   at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getSaveEnumerator>d__90.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<getSaveEnumerator>d__90 this)
   at StardewValley.SaveGame.Save()+MoveNext()
   at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(SaveGameMenu this, GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)
The author of the mod claims it's not there issue: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2571?tab=bugs
Check out the "Saving Error" report; 2nd from the top.
And, recommends trying to test by removing other mods.

Or, y'all can just try removing DeepWoods.