Adding Special Items to Catalogue Once You Unlock Them

QueenKay07

Newcomer
I've noticed while checking out several communities on different websites that a really common problem as far as furniture goes is losing special furniture items that you unlock by completing the museum or via other means. Currently, modding appears to be the only way to retrieve lost special furniture items when one is unable to go back through the save file. To remedy this, a feature that adds special furniture items to the furniture catalogue after you unlock them could work.

For example, let's say someone lost their singing stone (seemingly the most common one to lose, I lost this myself through unknown means). Instead of going back through the save files or modding the game if it's too late, the person can go to their furniture catalogue and get another. To keep things fair, the special items would only appear in the catalogue only after they have unlocked them. Someone who hasn't earned any museum rewards cannot go into their furniture catalogue and find any of the reward furniture there. Also to keep things fair, things like the Statue of Perfection shouldn't be added to the catalogue since that would give an unfair advantage.

So tl;dr: it's very easy to lose one-time special furniture items like the rewards from the museum, so adding them to the furniture catalogue once they've been unlocked can prevent players from losing their reward forever. Only add the special items that have no bearing on gameplay, so that people don't fill their farm with statues of perfection to get an unfair advantage.

I've noticed while checking out several communities on different websites that a really common problem as far as furniture goes is losing special furniture items that you unlock by completing the museum or via other means. Currently, modding appears to be the only way to retrieve lost special furniture items when one is unable to go back through the save file. To remedy this, a feature that adds special furniture items to the furniture catalogue after you unlock them could work.

For example, let's say someone lost their singing stone (seemingly the most common one to lose, I lost this myself through unknown means). Instead of going back through the save files or modding the game if it's too late, the person can go to their furniture catalogue and get another. To keep things fair, the special items would only appear in the catalogue only after they have unlocked them. Someone who hasn't earned any museum rewards cannot go into their furniture catalogue and find any of the reward furniture there. Also to keep things fair, things like the Statue of Perfection shouldn't be added to the catalogue since that would give an unfair advantage.

So tl;dr: it's very easy to lose one-time special furniture items like the rewards from the museum, so adding them to the furniture catalogue once they've been unlocked can prevent players from losing their reward forever. Only add the special items that have no bearing on gameplay, so that people don't fill their farm with statues of perfection to get an unfair advantage.
As far as I know I never lost something through no fault of my own.
So when loosing a special item is not based on players doing then this seems to be a bug. In the first place bugs should be fixed instead to implement workarounds.

Anyway it would be nice to get new furniture at Robins or from the Furniture Catalogue as unlocked rewards. It is an interesting suggestion also without a bug. :-)

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm with Freizeitfarmer on this one. Adding something to workaround a bug isn't how we're supposed to treat bugs. If you lose a currently unreplaceable item, either it was through a bug or it is one's own fault. If it is a bug, well, we're supposed to fix them. If it is from our own fault, presumably we were there, saw it happen, and have the option to exit and restart the day. That said, being able to replace them isn't a bad idea... but only replace, I think.

Some things are intended to be unique. Adding them to the catalogue would make it so you can get more than one, and that I think is asking for a bit much. Have it work like Grandpa's Shrine, which by the way, will already replace your Statue of Perfection after you accidently blow it up. The Statue of True Perfection is currently not replaceable in similar fashion (if you'd like to support it being replaceable when/if lost, there's a suggestion thread here: Statue of True Perfection (spoilers) : needs to be recoverable just as Statue of Perfection). Everything else that is unique... I think they should be replaceable, sure, but I'd want you to still be only able to have the 1 of them, not get a full drum set of Singing Stones. Adding that limiting functionality to the catalogue seems like more work than is necessary. Why not just have that functionality at the museum where you get all of these things anyway? Like how Grandpa's Shrine checks to see if you have the Statue of Perfection and if you don't have one it replaces it for you, the Museum could check for the rewards it has given and if they are not present on the save replace them.

Last edited: