Able to play a farm on multiple devices (Mobile Player) BTW

Bonzai

Sodbuster
I recently had to restart my ipad and i lost my 100 hour farm.What if there was a way to save your farm to cloud or google play so you could play one farm across multiple devices

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
You are able to back up your saves by copying the save files, but yeah unfortunately there's not cloud support for ipad and it's been a suggestion i've seen go around

TwiSteDCBloSsoM

Greenhorn
This is my dream right here. Cross save (cross play can be later) but just the ability to load my main account via a game login like you do for certain games that support cross save. Then I could select my PS4 farm as the main and it cloud saves then when I log in anywhere else I’m playing that file on my switch or pc.
I literally have Stardew on PS4, switch, pc and iOS... but it’s frustrating because I hate not being able to just play the one I have the most time in.

It’s kinda Like when Destiny finally enabled cross save. That was my dream. I hope someday it’ll happen with Stardew.

MJPZero

Newcomer
There is a Steam Cross-Save feature that would be perfect for this:

I have SDV on PC, mobile, and switch. Since I completed the game legitimately already (without cheats or mods), I prefer to play a more "customized" version now. I love that you can easily transfer save files between iOS and PC, but my dream is to be able to do this on the Switch (without hacking). Steam Cross-Save is the answer, and it seems like a no brainer for this game. I think if this was an official feature request, it may at least be considered. This is legitimately the only thing I think this game is missing to being perfect.

There is a Steam Cross-Save feature that would be perfect for this:

Steam Cross-Save is the answer, and it seems like a no brainer for this game. I think if this was an official feature request, it may at least be considered. This is legitimately the only thing I think this game is missing to being perfect.
The game is sold on other ways too with no connection to Steam. So Steam-Support is not an option everywhere!

Hydra Spectre

Greenhorn
I just realised that the PC and mobile save transferring is just like Hideo Kojima's Transfarring feature for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, where it allows the player to transfer their PS3 save to the PSP (for Peace Walker) and PS Vita (MGS2 and MGS3) and vice versa, so that the player can continue playing on PS3 and PSP/Vita. Transfarring is a portmanteau of Transferring and Sharing.

It is not as elegant as cross-save cloud saves like in modern games nowadays but it is still less convoluted than Stardew Valley's PC/mobile cross-save.

Also, The Witcher III's Nintendo Switch Cross-Save is not just for Steam, but also for GOG.
Maybe Stardew Valley can work similarly to The Witcher III, but I am guessing it only happened for The Witcher III because it was made by CD Projekt Red, the company behind GOG.

I recently had to restart my ipad and i lost my 100 hour farm.What if there was a way to save your farm to cloud or google play so you could play one farm across multiple devices
I play on 2 different devices using the files app, since files has a section for local files and cloud files in the same app. It only takes me a moment to copy from one folder to another on prior device after I quit playing, that way if I want to pick up on the other, I grab it from Files app cloud folder and put it in my other device's local Files app folder. As Hydra mentions, it isn't an elegant solution but it is nice if I know I'm going to be away from one of my devices for a while I guess. I go here to back it up regularly, putting another copy on Google Drive, just in case.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I play on 2 different devices using the files app, since files has a section for local files and cloud files in the same app. It only takes me a moment to copy from one folder to another on prior device after I quit playing, that way if I want to pick up on the other, I grab it from Files app cloud folder and put it in my other device's local Files app folder. As Hydra mentions, it isn't an elegant solution but it is nice if I know I'm going to be away from one of my devices for a while I guess. I go here to back it up regularly, putting another copy on Google Drive, just in case.
So you create your own pseudo-cloud? *mind blown*