Ability to remove baby cribs and children beds

Maggie

Greenhorn
Maybe it's just me, but the unremovable cribs and children beds are the reason why I still have not upgraded my farm house after the first time that gave me a kitchen, even though I really, really want to have the cellar. I'm sorry if I seems to be too picky, but I have my own private reason that make me feel uncomfortable seeing baby cribs in my own home (I have no problem with other people having children. People have different ideas of happiness. If they're happy, then that's great and I'm happy for them).

Aside form my own issues, I also think this option would be great for players who are just enjoy their solitude and have no intention to marry, simply don't want to have children, or just happily living with Crobus as a roommate! We could use the extra room spaces for indoor planters, machines, or anything we could imagine.

I don't know anything about programming, but if this is difficult or impossible to do, maybe it could be added as another option when upgrading the house? Maybe make the cribs and extra beds an entirely separated options in house upgrading, or let Robin ask the farmer whether he/she wants to have them or not?

SapphireSam7

Greenhorn
I think it would be a nice step to allow for a bit more customization with the homes.

For example;
  • All items should be "movable". There are a few items that that I can understand are stuck for a reason. Such as the bed. You sort of need that to properly complete a day. However I do not see why you cannot move it. You shouldn't be able to completely pick it up and store it, but you should at least be able to move it and possibly rotate it.
  • All items items should require purchasing beyond those found in the starter home. Basically meaning, they build it, you fill it. Buy the counters for the kitchen you want, the beds for the kids room if you wish, or use it as a spare storage area if you prefer that method.
  • Each "upgrade" to the home should be of your choice. Meaning that unless things are directly connected, you should be able to upgrade the house in the order that you wish. Such as want the kitchen and the cellar but not the kids room? No problem. Skip the kids room. Want a separate room for each kid? Allow the upgrade to add additional rooms to a hall way. Want to expand the cellar? An upgrade could be added to that as well.
The homes are great as is, but adding a few optional upgrades that you could add in the order that you deem fitting and a bit more customization along the way could help individualize the buildings a bit more than they currently are.