A list of new possible crops!

With the word of the banana (and possibly mango tree as well) coming to Stardew, I'm getting a feeling the next update is going to focus majorly on new crops to grow. Below I'm going to list some idea for crops I'd really love to see added.

Spring:
Peas. Grows on a trellis. Matures in 8 days, produces 2-4 pea pods every 3 days.
Red/Yellow/White Roses. Matures in 10 days produces one flower.
Snapdragon. Matures in 7 days, assorted colors.

Summer:
Pineapple. Matures in 13 days, produces 1 large pineapple.
Marigolds. Matures in 8 days, produces one flower, assorted shades of orange and gold.
Cosmos. Matures in 4 days, produces one flower, assorted colors.
Lavender. Matures in 8 days, produces a bushel of flowers, must be harvested with a scythe. Lavender can be put into an oil machine to make Lavender Oil.

Spring and Summer
Peanuts. Matures in 6 days, produces 5-8 peanuts per harvest. Put 3 peanuts into a preserves jar to make Peanut Butter.

I had trouble coming up with ideas for Fall, mostly because pretty much all Fall crops are already in the game and technically, "Fall crops" are grown in the Summer and are harvested in the Fall.

I had more ideas for fruit trees but since it seems we're only going to be getting 1 or 2 in the next update, I figured I'd leave these out.

So what do you think? You have any ideas for new things to grow in the next update?

Last edited:

Boo1972

Farmer
I think both the lavender and peanuts are excellent ideas because they can also be processed. But, I like all of your ideas. I have always wanted the area in front of my house to be a large flower garden and my characters name is Rose so I would love to see more flower crops. You listed roses as a possible crop and, while not common in America, rose petal jelly is popular in other parts of the world.

One crop I would also like to see is cucumbers. Because pickles.

Ellajoy

Rancher
Lavender. Matures in 8 days, produces a bushel of flowers, must be harvested with a scythe. Lavender can be put into an oil machine to make Lavender Oil.

Spring and Summer
Peanuts. Matures in 6 days, produces 5-8 peanuts per harvest. Put 3 peanuts into a preserves jar to make Peanut Butter.
[/QUOTE\]
I love these two!