1.6 Update A green rain has descended upon the valley.

Godkin

Planter
When the sun greeted the valley that morning, a phenomenon enveloped the surroundings. "A green rain has descended upon the valley.," as I stepped out, green rain flowed, adorning the air with a dark green light that draped the valley, traversing through spaces of homes and buildings.

It wasn't just the rain that altered the face of the valley, but weeds thrived wildly. Moss fell from unusual green trees, creating a sight so alien yet captivating. They grew with a singular purpose, to provide an abundance of moss, creating what could be termed as a "moss hunting day."

As I roamed around and tried to gather stories from the locals, it seemed that the majority felt the rain was normal and harmless, even deeming it as something intriguing or reminiscent of the beauty of nature.

For me, this wonder sparked a profound curiosity. Are there any hidden references or "easter eggs" behind this phenomenon, aside from the presence of the plants adorning the valley?

Screenshot (2666).png
Screenshot (2602).png

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
This is the "environmental" event mentioned in the patch-notes! You must make the most out of it, because the next day it completely disappears, with all special effects. There are two different types of trees to be found; one drops lots of moss when chopped down and the other, fiddlehead ferns. Also, using the scythe on the strange looking greenery, yields special items, like mixed flower seeds and other interesting stuff. Next day onwards, random trees can be covered in moss, which you collect by using any tool on the tree, once (ideally scythe). Make sure to gather a ton of moss though, because it is used in crafting new items, cooking etc.

Bawby

Planter
It reminds me of a segment in the movie "Creepshow" (originally a Stephen King short story called "Weeds"), except in that story it's a meteor that caused the growth. Rain- or any source of water- spreads it around.
20240327_021737.jpg

(Jordy Verrill played by Stephen King himself.)
20240327_021708.jpg

(The Valley's in for a bad time...)