A few simple suggestions for improving gameplay etc (long post!)

Chezombie420

Newcomer
The next update should include being able to travel to the city by train, the station should let you catch a train to the city, this would be amazing. Penny would be perfect for train driver, as her mum, Pam, already drives the bus to the desert and penny doesn't really have a job. So we'd have bus to the desert, boat to ginger island and train to the city. In the city, you can go to a nightclub, a clothing shop and perhaps stay in a hotel, and meet new NPCs.

Another great addition would be adding a hot air balloon to somewhere as well!. We've got rail, bus and sea travel now, all we need now is something that flies!. Perfect pilot? Maru! She's into all things technical, and in a side story, you find out she longs to be a pilot and build her very own plane, opening up a lovely storyline where the player helps her gather the materials she needs to build a plane or balloon etc. Then Maru will fly you to a destination, perhaps somewhere yet unknown!. CA could include a bit of history pertaining to Amelia Earhart, who could have acted as inspiration to Maru, and the importance of women in these roles. He does this so well in the game, balance equality between the genders by giving Robin the role of carpenter, a job which can seem male oriented a lot of the time.

Some other simple suggestions:

A third choice for the farm cave, allowing monsters like shadow brutes, cave sprites and bats (not fruit bats) to spawn in the cave, allowing the player to gather their drops, the monsters carry the same risks as monsters in the mines do.

If the player passes out in the house or on the farm, another message gets delivered to the mailbox which is more appropriate than 'someone was going through your pockets' etc, which doesn't really make sense if you are in your house.

Some new animals, maybe llamas, alpacas, turkeys (turkeys could drop a turkey feather and a drumstick or something without the need to kill them, like rabbits drop rabbit feet) geese or ostriches, as you can already find ostrich eggs in the volcano on ginger island, if you make them into mayo you get ten jars as opposed to one from one single chicken or duck egg.

Animals eat appropriate foods, so poultry doesn't eat hay, they eat grain, which could be wheat, so the farmer would have to factor this in when growing crops. Rabbits could eat carrots and grass for example.

Some new crops, like barley (which could be made into alcohol), carrots, pears, sugar cane, cotton, cocoa, which could be made into chocolate etc.

A spinning wheel which lets the player spin wool into yarn as well as making cloth, which can be sold or used to make clothing.

Some new alcohols like whiskey, which could be made in kegs by brewing grains, and rum, which could be made in kegs using sugarcane, and appear on ginger island as a drink you can buy in the pirate cove. Also cider is a good one too, as it can be made out of apples which are already in the game.

The ability to swim in bodies of water such .

The option to build a boat, which could be used to sail yourself to ginger island or for fishing. The boat could be pretty resource heavy to make building it a bit of a challenge. On beach farms, you have the option to keep your boat on the jetty.

Fishing net, using similar mechanics to fishing, a net gives the player chance to catch multiple fish at once, and only unlocks with level ten fishing.

A new monster, giant spider, which drops thread that could be used to make the fishing net etc.

An option to buy more land, unlocked by reaching certain farming goals.

Animals do leave the coop/barn on clear winter days, but only till 2pm instead of 5pm.

An achievement of 'eco friend' for farmers who recycle a lot of trash.

A very rare event in the mines opens up a 'secret chamber' buried by a cave in many years ago, which can contain ores, weapons, diamonds etc and of course, lots of monsters guarding it!.

A 'boss' which can be defeated in the lower levels of the mines on an 'infested' level, which drops profitable items.

A buried treasure quest for the pirates, which is quite complex to complete, but very profitable, as the treasure could be something like 100 diamonds or 500 gold bars etc.

A tractor, I know there are mods, but an official tractor, which has to be repaired, and a plough add on, which players can find the tractor and plough abandoned when they first take over the farm, and have to repair it. I love the repair quests and doing the community centre, so it could be like Willy's boat. The tractor could run on eco fuel, which could be made on the farm!. Eco fuel could also be one of the products randomly generated by recycling trash.

I love this game, it touches on so many important issues of sustainability, recycling, looking after the environment, looking after water, caring for animals, love, marriage, divorce, kindness, depression, anxiety etc. Shane's story really touched me, as it is similar to the kind of story I have to tell. I grew up with Autism, and Autism causes me lot of anxiety. It's led me to some dark places with addiction etc. Shane isn't a bad guy really, I am dating him at the moment!.

Full of crazy ideas me lol. x

I just wanted to let you know if you get an ostrich incubator you can hatch the eggs in the barn!
The next update should include being able to travel to the city by train, the station should let you catch a train to the city, this would be amazing. Penny would be perfect for train driver, as her mum, Pam, already drives the bus to the desert and penny doesn't really have a job. So we'd have bus to the desert, boat to ginger island and train to the city. In the city, you can go to a nightclub, a clothing shop and perhaps stay in a hotel, and meet new NPCs.

Another great addition would be adding a hot air balloon to somewhere as well!. We've got rail, bus and sea travel now, all we need now is something that flies!. Perfect pilot? Maru! She's into all things technical, and in a side story, you find out she longs to be a pilot and build her very own plane, opening up a lovely storyline where the player helps her gather the materials she needs to build a plane or balloon etc. Then Maru will fly you to a destination, perhaps somewhere yet unknown!. CA could include a bit of history pertaining to Amelia Earhart, who could have acted as inspiration to Maru, and the importance of women in these roles. He does this so well in the game, balance equality between the genders by giving Robin the role of carpenter, a job which can seem male oriented a lot of the time.

Some other simple suggestions:

A third choice for the farm cave, allowing monsters like shadow brutes, cave sprites and bats (not fruit bats) to spawn in the cave, allowing the player to gather their drops, the monsters carry the same risks as monsters in the mines do.

If the player passes out in the house or on the farm, another message gets delivered to the mailbox which is more appropriate than 'someone was going through your pockets' etc, which doesn't really make sense if you are in your house.

Some new animals, maybe llamas, alpacas, turkeys (turkeys could drop a turkey feather and a drumstick or something without the need to kill them, like rabbits drop rabbit feet) geese or ostriches, as you can already find ostrich eggs in the volcano on ginger island, if you make them into mayo you get ten jars as opposed to one from one single chicken or duck egg.

Animals eat appropriate foods, so poultry doesn't eat hay, they eat grain, which could be wheat, so the farmer would have to factor this in when growing crops. Rabbits could eat carrots and grass for example.

Some new crops, like barley (which could be made into alcohol), carrots, pears, sugar cane, cotton, cocoa, which could be made into chocolate etc.

A spinning wheel which lets the player spin wool into yarn as well as making cloth, which can be sold or used to make clothing.

Some new alcohols like whiskey, which could be made in kegs by brewing grains, and rum, which could be made in kegs using sugarcane, and appear on ginger island as a drink you can buy in the pirate cove. Also cider is a good one too, as it can be made out of apples which are already in the game.

The ability to swim in bodies of water such .

The option to build a boat, which could be used to sail yourself to ginger island or for fishing. The boat could be pretty resource heavy to make building it a bit of a challenge. On beach farms, you have the option to keep your boat on the jetty.

Fishing net, using similar mechanics to fishing, a net gives the player chance to catch multiple fish at once, and only unlocks with level ten fishing.

A new monster, giant spider, which drops thread that could be used to make the fishing net etc.

An option to buy more land, unlocked by reaching certain farming goals.

Animals do leave the coop/barn on clear winter days, but only till 2pm instead of 5pm.

An achievement of 'eco friend' for farmers who recycle a lot of trash.

A very rare event in the mines opens up a 'secret chamber' buried by a cave in many years ago, which can contain ores, weapons, diamonds etc and of course, lots of monsters guarding it!.

A 'boss' which can be defeated in the lower levels of the mines on an 'infested' level, which drops profitable items.

A buried treasure quest for the pirates, which is quite complex to complete, but very profitable, as the treasure could be something like 100 diamonds or 500 gold bars etc.

A tractor, I know there are mods, but an official tractor, which has to be repaired, and a plough add on, which players can find the tractor and plough abandoned when they first take over the farm, and have to repair it. I love the repair quests and doing the community centre, so it could be like Willy's boat. The tractor could run on eco fuel, which could be made on the farm!. Eco fuel could also be one of the products randomly generated by recycling trash.

I love this game, it touches on so many important issues of sustainability, recycling, looking after the environment, looking after water, caring for animals, love, marriage, divorce, kindness, depression, anxiety etc. Shane's story really touched me, as it is similar to the kind of story I have to tell. I grew up with Autism, and Autism causes me lot of anxiety. It's led me to some dark places with addiction etc. Shane isn't a bad guy really, I am dating him at the moment!.

Full of crazy ideas me lol. x

Odin

Staff member
Great ideas! New crops and farm animals would definitely be nice to have.
Now that monster spawns can be enabled on any farm (via advanced game options), I'm not sure this would be adding something new, but it would be interesting to see another option for the cave.
Can you describe a bit more how this would differ from the current Loom?