A couple of little ideas...

StarFarmer

Tiller
Note that I always welcome thoughts or improvements on my ideas in the forums--I know my ideas aren't always necessarily practical, but I figure I can share tham and if they get ignored, no harm done really.

1. New designs for clothing: I LOVE the whole Tailoring clothes thing that was implemented in 1.4. I've been having tremendous fun playing with making outfits for specific events and seasons. But I was wondering if it were possible to shake it up a little bit? When using a Prismatic Shard, the player receives a random item out of five(?) clothing options. I'd love to try that with some of the other items as well? For example, I think I'd find my Feast of the Winter Star outfit to be 100% complete with a cute little Holly Headband (right now, the only thing the Holly does is make a Santa-like top). I realize doing it this way might be a bit frustrating when you want a specific design/item, and the randomized system keeps giving you something else, but part of the fun of the tailoring system is collecting the items necessary to create the clothes. I would absolutely appreciate thoughts or ideas on ways to possibly incorporate my thought better than I have suggested (maybe have a system that will allow the player to make each clothing piece associated with an item once before the player starts to get repeats, etc.).

2. Keeping track of crops?: With the new island farm, it's hard to keep track of which crops will be ready to harvest on which days. The player can always get Junimo huts to help with the actual harvesting part, but what about relaying the seeds? If you miss the harvest day for replanting the seeds in the now-vacant spot, you may have to end up re-plowing and/or re-watering certain parts of your field, which can be frustrating for someone like me who enjoys optimizing the days on which I plant in the game. I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so the calendar the player hangs in either of the houses will tell you which days are harvest days for which crops? That way you can always travel back to the main farm to re-lay your seeds, or you can travel to the Island farm to harvest your crops there (since I believe it isn't currently possible to put Junimo huts on the island?).

imnvs

Local Legend
No, you can not build any buildings on the island except the ones the parrots build for you. The ones the parrots build, you can not move them around like you can buildings back in the valley too.

As Freizeitfarmer pointed out, you can learn how to make the farm computer after doing a special order for Demetrius, and it tells you all sorts of things including crops that are ready. It currently will not tell you anything about the island, just the home farm, but what it does tell you is when crops are ready. What you're looking for is for it to include the island.

LRangerR

Local Legend
No, you can not build any buildings on the island except the ones the parrots build for you. The ones the parrots build, you can not move them around like you can buildings back in the valley too.
Parrot slavemasters dislike freedom

imnvs

Local Legend
Parrot slavemasters dislike freedom
Dude, you need to relax. They're parrots. They are not slavemasters. We are. Is a house really worth a handful of nuts? No, yet we still expect them to build everything for us for a few handfuls of nuts... and you're here complaining about them? We are the one's exploiting them, not the other way around.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Idk man, I didn't even want anything built on the island. And then these parrots start extorting me for these walnut things, mugging a turtle, and just being demanding in general. It's like some kinda parrot mafia or something.

StarFarmer

Tiller
To FreizeitFarmer: Brilliant! I totally forgot about the farm computer because it's so new. That would most likely be a better option than trying to squeeze it all onto the calendar.

To imnvs: Yes, you're right--I would like it to include crops happening on the Island as well so I can travel back to harvest them if I'm in the Valley. It would make the play a little easier.

You guys are much better at remembering newer details than I am--thank you!