A contraption to put over machines like nozzles over sprinklers, that let you push the machine contents onto another machine or chest.

This would complement nicely with the hopper, letting player have automation chains. They could sit as purchasable items from Qi's shop, as some of the hardest items to get in the game.

In fact, given the limited use of hoppers alone (it's not like you cannot put new item to process in the same walk that you get the previous product), I would argue hoppers could be obtained earlier with a cheaper recipe. Maybe as a recipe for one of the special quests, or something.

Cptldsilver

Planter
I think the hopper should just be changed so it both grabs the contents of the machine in front and loads with whatever the first eligible item in the hopper is.

This would complement nicely with the hopper, letting player have automation chains. They could sit as purchasable items from Qi's shop, as some of the hardest items to get in the game.

In fact, given the limited use of hoppers alone (it's not like you cannot put new item to process in the same walk that you get the previous product), I would argue hoppers could be obtained earlier with a cheaper recipe. Maybe as a recipe for one of the special quests, or something.
Or simply allow processed goods not to get stuck inside preserve jars , kegs etc when they ready , but allow them fall to the floor/ground where players can easy collect them just by walking near .