PC [BUG] Leo for Feast of Winter Star gift

cruton

Newcomer
I just experienced this in 1.5.4: I got mail saying Elliot was my secret santa recipient, and then the reminder letter when the event came closer said it was Leo. Leo wasn't at the feast so I wasn't able to do anything at the festival.

I see this has been widely reported, but I wanted to add that my secret santa partner changed between the two letters.
Also, I saw another thread saying this might be specific to Year 1 of the game -- I resumed an old savegame and this happened to me in Year 3, by the way.

imnvs

Local Legend
Also, I saw another thread saying this might be specific to Year 1 of the game -- I resumed an old savegame and this happened to me in Year 3, by the way.
In an old save it is likely to happen if you hadn't played it since 1.5 dropped. The issue is that Leo still lives exclusively out on the island.

affafy

Greenhorn
This bug is still there though. Even with the newest version 1.15.4. Has anyone found a solution, I really wanted to give him a gift.

imnvs

Local Legend
This bug is still there though. Even with the newest version 1.15.4. Has anyone found a solution, I really wanted to give him a gift.
I think you mean 1.5.4, but no, it hasn't been fixed yet, and there's no workaround we know of besides skipping it. I think we're waiting for the next bugfix patch.

FlyingHusky

Greenhorn
This bug just happened to me right now. :frown: I just unlocked Ginger Island and shortly got the letter telling me that I have to give Leo a gift for the event. Couldn't give him a gift because he's still not in town.

Currently playing on Nintendo Switch with Stardew Valley version 1.5.4.2

Just googled to see if anyone had this problem and found this threat. I'm experiencing the same problem: just unlock the ginger island at winter and got Leo for my secret friend, when I get to the invernal star event, he's not there, so I can't give the gift neither go out of the event...

maff

Newcomer
Just ran into this problem today on the latest version of Stardew Valley for Xbox; both letters said I was to get a gift for Leo, but Leo is still on Ginger Island. I didn’t realise this was an issue until the day came and Leo wasn’t magically in the town centre :(

imnvs

Local Legend
Just ran into this problem today on the latest version of Stardew Valley for Xbox; both letters said I was to get a gift for Leo, but Leo is still on Ginger Island. I didn’t realise this was an issue until the day came and Leo wasn’t magically in the town centre :(
You have met Leo though, yes?

Thia

Greenhorn
I just experienced this in 1.5.4: I got mail saying Elliot was my secret santa recipient, and then the reminder letter when the event came closer said it was Leo. Leo wasn't at the feast so I wasn't able to do anything at the festival.

I see this has been widely reported, but I wanted to add that my secret santa partner changed between the two letters.
I got this same issue on the Switch version. I was prepared for both Elliot and Leo, but the first doesn't want the gift and the other isn't there (I just met him two days ago). I'm in Year 2 and my version is 1.5.4