2021 Stardew Valley Cup discussion [Update: Event concluded, replays are up]

The competition has ended! What did everyone think?

(will share links to vids/vods when they become available)
Oddly enough it didn't seem YouTube was wanting to show it. If it were not for the fact that I am subscribed to Matthew McCleskey honestly I would not have seen any reference to it. Would recommend trying to get DF or some other mild streamers to atleast promote it even if they are not participating.

Odin

Staff member
I thought the cup was a lot of fun and it would definitely be fun to see another one in the future, potentially with some different contestants to see more people featured!
Oddly enough it didn't seem YouTube was wanting to show it. If it were not for the fact that I am subscribed to Matthew McCleskey honestly I would not have seen any reference to it. Would recommend trying to get DF or some other mild streamers to atleast promote it even if they are not participating.
I mean, you saw the announcement here as well since you're responding in this thread :P But most people seemed to be streaming on Twitch, so I suspect it was more due to that.
I do agree it would be fun to see other people participating in a future cup, I know a lot people were hoping to see some more international streamers of the game that weren't present in this cup.

Odin

Staff member
Links to everyone's perspectives from the cup have been added to my original post! If you didn't catch the event live, or missed some of it, or just want to see more of someone's perspective, you can go watch it all now!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to watch it right now! I can't really watch twitch streams (i can kinda watch youtube streams but it depends) so I'm glad there's some youtube stuff available so i can check everyone out! We had a channel in the SDV discord during the competition and everyone was really excited, it sounds like the competition was close and everything was stellar. I'll post again when I have my own thoughts!