1st prismatic shard, now what?

Jboo

Cowpoke
I’m curious what is the best thing to do with my first prismatic shard? I don’t have the bus station unlocked yet. I’m struggling terribly with fishing on a iPad mini.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi Jboo and Welcome to the Forums!

I usually hold onto the Prizzy Shard until I get the Bus Station unlocked to the Desert. Since you mentioned this, it sounds like you know what to do with it there. Since the Bus Station reward is not dependent on obtaining any specific items, instead just on g, you can focus on g making strategies. One popular one recently is to get Caroline to 2:heart: and then trigger the cutscene dependent on that. The reward from that is an item which is easy to craft and sells for a surprisingly large amount of g. Early-game altering amounts... Bus Station unlocking amounts.

Jboo

Cowpoke
After I wrote that I just figured out I do have the bus station open 🥳 I was curious why Pam was standing there all the time now lol.
Now that I can go there how do I trade the shard for the sword? I have all but 3 of the of the community building rooms unlocked. I can’t seem to locate the purple mushroom. I’m really new to playing a game like this so I’m having a bit of a learning curve. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.❤

Hi Jboo and Welcome to the Forums!

I usually hold onto the Prizzy Shard until I get the Bus Station unlocked to the Desert. Since you mentioned this, it sounds like you know what to do with it there. Since the Bus Station reward is not dependent on obtaining any specific items, instead just on g, you can focus on g making strategies. One popular one recently is to get Caroline to 2:heart: and then trigger the cutscene dependent on that. The reward from that is an item which is easy to craft and sells for a surprisingly large amount of g. Early-game altering amounts... Bus Station unlocking amounts.

Lew Zealand

Helper
After I wrote that I just figured out I do have the bus station open 🥳 I was curious why Pam was standing there all the time now lol.
Now that I can go there how do I trade the shard for the sword? I have all but 3 of the of the community building rooms unlocked. I can’t seem to locate the purple mushroom. I’m really new to playing a game like this so I’m having a bit of a learning curve. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.❤
Look at the 3 pillars in the desert, in the center there could just be a place to put a shard... Usually people find their first Purple Mushroom below Level 80 in the Mines (if they chose the Bat Cave instead of the Mushroom Cave).

Jboo

Cowpoke
How do I find the different cave openings? I won’t even go in the skull cave by the quarry yet lol. All I have is the wooden sword.

imnvs

Local Legend
How do I find the different cave openings? I won’t even go in the skull cave by the quarry yet lol. All I have is the wooden sword.
No, you just have to go the the Mines up in the Mountains, and descend to at least level 80. After that, between 81 and 119, you'll have the chance to find purple mushrooms. 120 is the bottom of the Mines which unlocks the Skull Cavern.

Jboo

Cowpoke
When I’m at the quarry and go in the little opening by it I saw a skull and that scared me so I turned around. I’m in spring of year 4 lol. I mentioned a learning curve😣.
My best friend plays and she is still in year one. She just found the shadowy figure and obtained the magnifying glass. Is there any way I can locate the magnifying glass another way, or do I need to wait for winter again?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Where is the best place to put my lightening rod? I have it on the beach now.
Lightning rods really only work on the farm. So anywhere on the farm. They have the added benefit there of protecting some of your crops from a lightning blast.

If you've ever gone through after a storm and seen a wilted plant all of a sudden, or a blackened or fallen tree, that's why....

Getting the galaxy sword will help you a lot. It might be what you need to get deep enough in the mine to find those purple mushrooms.
If you saw the shadowy figure at the bus stop, you can get the magnifying glass. In the winter you can follow his footprints to the bush sorta between the playground and community center. If he's still hiding there, shake the bush!
The quarry mine has a neat reward item, and the flying skulls give unique loot, but it's not essential to advance your game play. You'll get the key to the desert mine(skull cavern) once you reach the bottom of the regular mine up by Linus.
Lightning rods only generate power or protect your crops and machines when placed on your farm. They don't have a range though. I usually hide mine behind a pine tree.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
When I’m at the quarry and go in the little opening by it I saw a skull and that scared me so I turned around. I’m in spring of year 4 lol. I mentioned a learning curve😣.
My best friend plays and she is still in year one. She just found the shadowy figure and obtained the magnifying glass. Is there any way I can locate the magnifying glass another way, or do I need to wait for winter again?
You don’t need to wait for winter, it’s easier sure but just go to the bush the monster hides in and shake it and he’ll jump out and give you it.

That cave is not the Skull Cave, that's a different cave. The Skull Cave is in the Desert, and only unlocks after you've hit level 120 in the normal mines and obtained the item found on that level.

Lightning Rods produce Batteries when struck by lightning, so put them somewhere you can reach, but it has to be somewhere on your farm for it to function.

By the way, once you take your prismatic shard to the desert and do that thing, check with the Adventurer's Guild to see what's new in stock.

Jboo

Cowpoke
I found a second prismatic shard yesterday. What would be best to do w/it now. I bought the hammer from the guild. Do I really need the dagger?
How do I find the mermaid pendant? I’ll try to get some game time tonight and shake that bush lol. I thought I was just SOL till winter again
I soooo appreciate you all helping me. I was one of those kids that wasn’t allowed video games. So now as an adult I must learn as I go. I save all the first gems I get then make copies in my crystalarium (sp) then give one to Gunther. If I had that purple mushroom I’d open that part of the building. Should I just knock my way to 40 and not worry about clearing a bunch of stuff?
Have a wonderful day!!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I found a second prismatic shard yesterday. What would be best to do w/it now. I bought the hammer from the guild. Do I really need the dagger?
How do I find the mermaid pendant? I’ll try to get some game time tonight and shake that bush lol. I thought I was just SOL till winter again
I soooo appreciate you all helping me. I was one of those kids that wasn’t allowed video games. So now as an adult I must learn as I go. I save all the first gems I get then make copies in my crystalarium (sp) then give one to Gunther. If I had that purple mushroom I’d open that part of the building. Should I just knock my way to 40 and not worry about clearing a bunch of stuff?
Have a wonderful day!!
If I'm close to finishing the Museum Collection I donate my second Prizzy Shard but if not, I keep it for a while and display it on a table in the Farmhouse! It does have another optional use once the Community Center is all done and whether it gets used for that or the Museum depends on which one I'm closest to completion on, or just want more!

I'm pants with the Dagger and can barely do anything with the Hammer. So I just stick to the Sword, it's fast, slashy and infused with all the purple goodness of the other two and that is about all I can manage at one time when playing. And I've been playing video games for over 40 years so it's not like time gaming is necessarily a help. Probably a hindrance at my age LOL!

Not sure exactly what you mean by knock to 40 and not clear stuff, but if you're ask whether to find a Ladder down in the Mines and take it as soon as possible, then absolutely yes you should be doing this. There's no need to loot or clear each level and they reset each time you leave the level and you return to it anyways. Their particular configuration of stones, nodes, etc. is ephemeral and ever-changing to keep it fresh, but what you need is the bottom. You can go back and clear or loot any level you like to your heart's content once your primary task is done.

But really you'll be wanting to prospect through Skull Cavern once you're done with the Mines. Better loot there but also ehhhhhh... "better" monsters. Practice with that Sword!

Apples

Farmhand
Save your first one for a galaxy sword once you get to the desert, or just use the catalouge and get wallpaper 75 i think and bring it there. After that donate one to the museum then I'd stockpile them for magic rock candy that can be gotten from the desert trader for three prizzies.

Jboo

Cowpoke
Save your first one for a galaxy sword once you get to the desert, or just use the catalouge and get wallpaper 75 i think and bring it there. After that donate one to the museum then I'd stockpile them for magic rock candy that can be gotten from the desert trader for three prizzies.
Wallpaper 75 brings what? I don’t understand.

Last edited:

Jboo

Cowpoke
I’m not close to completing the museum I haven’t spent a whole lot of time in the mines. I’ve focused more on foraging and farming. I think I’ll display it on my table if I can figure out how. I need that magnifying glass so I can read the dwarf scrolls? How do I obtain the mermaid pendant?

If I'm close to finishing the Museum Collection I donate my second Prizzy Shard but if not, I keep it for a while and display it on a table in the Farmhouse! It does have another optional use once the Community Center is all done and whether it gets used for that or the Museum depends on which one I'm closest to completion on, or just want more!

I'm pants with the Dagger and can barely do anything with the Hammer. So I just stick to the Sword, it's fast, slashy and infused with all the purple goodness of the other two and that is about all I can manage at one time when playing. And I've been playing video games for over 40 years so it's not like time gaming is necessarily a help. Probably a hindrance at my age LOL!

Not sure exactly what you mean by knock to 40 and not clear stuff, but if you're ask whether to find a Ladder down in the Mines and take it as soon as possible, then absolutely yes you should be doing this. There's no need to loot or clear each level and they reset each time you leave the level and you return to it anyways. Their particular configuration of stones, nodes, etc. is ephemeral and ever-changing to keep it fresh, but what you need is the bottom. You can go back and clear or loot any level you like to your heart's content once your primary task is done.

But really you'll be wanting to prospect through Skull Cavern once you're done with the Mines. Better loot there but also ehhhhhh... "better" monsters. Practice with that Sword!