1.6!!

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
"Two weeks"!

"Soon", tm.

Honestly, i can't wait to experience the new stuff! Will maybe start a new playthrough, with the Joja Route and select the new farm!

I saw a conspiracy theory of sorts that it would release on the day of the 8th Stardew Release-iversary and that's secretly what I'm hoping, which would align with the "two weeks" thing, but I'm also not holding my breath.
Some even say that it will perhaps be here within a month of the "we're in the bug fixing stage" tweet as that would mirror the 1.5 release, but again, none of it's confirmed; just because that's how it worked in the past doesn't mean this time will go exactly the same way.
I trust ConcernedApe and his principled goal of releasing complete, functioning content, so whenever it does grace our game files, it will surely not disappoint because the man is dedicated. If that means it won't release until after Christmas, then so be it.
"Excited as fudge" is a definite understatement regardless!

ArtifactSpot

I saw a conspiracy theory of sorts that it would release on the day of the 8th Stardew Release-iversary and that's secretly what I'm hoping, which would align with the "two weeks" thing, but I'm also not holding my breath.
Some even say that it will perhaps be here within a month of the "we're in the bug fixing stage" tweet as that would mirror the 1.5 release, but again, none of it's confirmed; just because that's how it worked in the past doesn't mean this time will go exactly the same way.
I trust ConcernedApe and his principled goal of releasing complete, functioning content, so whenever it does grace our game files, it will surely not disappoint because the man is dedicated. If that means it won't release until after Christmas, then so be it.
"Excited as fudge" is a definite understatement regardless!
This is so right, I wasn’t complaining just saying nothing was certain. I’d rather his dedication to functionality and amazing entertainment take longer then we get other games quick development disasters that you keep having to pay for. It might be out sooner if it weren’t for his dedication to giving bucketloads of added content surprise that has already been way more than we originally expected which was a better functioning 1.5 multi mod supporter.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I just hope mobile isn’t a year behind again. 😬 I understand if it is as that is not his designing platform of choice, but we can only hope it’s all at once. PC will be first, of course, but I hope the rest is at the same time.
Yeah last update was just a massive mess up of one team delaying the update then quitting which made another team have to basically take over from nothing with the porting. It’s actually remarkable how well it worked with all the problems. I assume mobile will update at the same time if not faster than console this time around so long as the team porting has stayed the same.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Actually, "two weeks" is kind of a meme, lol! :P

I "borrowed" the expression from my favorite developer, of another game!

It was also a meme during covid outbreak, from the news; "the next two weeks are going to be crucial"... ROFLMAO

What i actually implied -and nobody spotted the joke-, is it may take anywhere from 2 weeks, to 2 years ;P

Elenna101

Farmer
I just hope mobile isn’t a year behind again. 😬 I understand if it is as that is not his designing platform of choice, but we can only hope it’s all at once. PC will be first, of course, but I hope the rest is at the same time.
Well, last time there were issues where, after several months, the team working on it quit/was fired and then a whole new team had to start over and learn all the code from scratch. So of course that took a long time. Unless CA has really bad luck I can't imagine the same thing will happen this time...

I'm guessing he will release mobile at the same time as other consoles, if not at the same time as PC, just to avoid this kind of comment though.

ArtifactSpot

Actually, "two weeks" is kind of a meme, lol! :P

I "borrowed" the expression from my favorite developer, of another game!

It was also a meme during covid outbreak, from the news; "the next two weeks are going to be crucial"... ROFLMAO

What i actually implied -and nobody spotted the joke-, is it may take anywhere from 2 weeks, to 2 years ;P
Don’t worry it’s not you, I’m just too old to get it. 😆 I grew up pre internet and honestly am still not even certain what a meme is. I have a general idea, just too old to care to learn beyond that. Im sure most others got your joke and thought it was quite clever.. 😊

Lew Zealand

Helper
As long as CA doesn't exceed the 13-year gap between two releases like a certain fantasy author, any date is fine with me. 🙃
The wait for mobile users was 2 years which IMO is just about forever compared to how games are typically updated. As other said, the circumstances were quite special for that to happen and I understand them but I'm glad I was using PC/Mac at the time as I'd have been annoyed. I was using SDV on mobile as well but even with the larger screen of an iPad, I never made it far enough to unlock v1.5's content when I could just get back to my lovey dovey me-ergonomic keyboard and mouse.

Um.

Yeah the 34" monitor also helps a bit… :toothy:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The wait for mobile users was 2 years which IMO is just about forever compared to how games are typically updated. As other said, the circumstances were quite special for that to happen and I understand them but I'm glad I was using PC/Mac at the time as I'd have been annoyed. I was using SDV on mobile as well but even with the larger screen of an iPad, I never made it far enough to unlock v1.5's content when I could just get back to my lovey dovey me-ergonomic keyboard and mouse.

Um.

Yeah the 34" monitor also helps a bit… :toothy:
Dang I thought my 31 inch curved monitor was huge!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
From someone who has seen the work behind the scenes, trust me there was some crunching happening to get mobile to work. it's not that anyone puts anything off, it's that going to mobile is a nightmare and way more to work with than i think anyone can reasonably guess

likely the release will be like this (not guaranteed, just likely)

Steam + GOG -> Playstation, XBOX, Switch (though one of these may come out later depending on QA) -> Mobile

ArtifactSpot

From someone who has seen the work behind the scenes, trust me there was some crunching happening to get mobile to work. it's not that anyone puts anything off, it's that going to mobile is a nightmare and way more to work with than i think anyone can reasonably guess

likely the release will be like this (not guaranteed, just likely)

Steam + GOG -> Playstation, XBOX, Switch (though one of these may come out later depending on QA) -> Mobile
I totally understand and am still very much enjoying 1.5 and if it takes another year than the rest (or even if it can’t come to fruition) I’m happy as a clam with 1.5 as is. Please do vouch for at least continued bug control on 1.5, even if we can not be blessed with 1.6 for whatever reason. Thank you kindly for responding to me.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I can’t stand large monitors. My husband uses like a 44inch tv for his but I just don’t get it. To each their own I guess. I’ll stick with like 12inch ipad any day lol. Watching tv I like bigger screens but for everything else the iPad.
Fair enough, I personally find it easier on the eyes. Too much staring at my phone and I go cross eyed