1.6 system requirements

ArtifactSpot

Does 1.6 work on a MacBook laptop or only on the Mac desktops. Also does 1.6 work on any laptop?

Lew Zealand

Helper
v1.6 should work on any recent Mac desktop or laptop as SDV is usually a low-demand game on a computer. I should test to see just how old as I have a number of old Macs.

2 Edits: tested installing and running v1.6.2

2015 MacBook Pro - Works
2014 MacBook Pro - Works
2011 Mac Mini - 32-bit Compatibility mode works, available in Steam but not GOG yet
2009 MacBook Pro - GOG version doesn't work, gives unsupported OS warning and recommends 32-bit Compatibility mode which isn't available from GOG yet. Steam app crashes on OS 10.11 (latest OS for 2009 Macs) so Steam compatibility mode is unavailable.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
v1.6 should work on any recent Mac desktop or laptop as SDV is usually a low-demand game on a computer. I should test to see just how old as I have a number of old Macs.

Edit: tested installing and running v1.6.2

2015 MacBook Pro - Works
2014 MacBook Pro - Works
2011 Mac Mini - Doesn't work, crashes
2009 MacBook Pro - Doesn't work, gives unsupported OS warning and recommends Compatibility mode which isn't available from GOG yet.
I think at least the 2011 would work with steam too as it seems to be an issue of 64 or 32 bit machines.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Nice collection you have there! 💻
Thanks! I, uh, have more… I do customer support for IT and when people are 'done' with their obsolete Macs I'll grab one on occasion if it's in working order as I hate to see things just tossed away. People hold on to their Macs a long time if not damaged though, so 9 years old is the newest one I have!

I think at least the 2011 would work with steam too as it seems to be an issue of 64 or 32 bit machines.
This works! And I'll update my post above with more tests.

Macs have been 64-bit since 2007 but there have been some problems with video drivers, and legacy 32-bit code in older OSes could also be a problem. May be important for the fyoocher: the newest OS 2011 Macs can run is 10.13 and Steam just dropped support for that last month. But you can still install the last compatible version of Steam and download the 32 bit/Compatibility version of Stardew, so that's good. No mods though :cry: but frankly if you're still using a 13 year old computer, you might be glad that you can still run the newest update to this great game.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thanks! I, uh, have more… I do customer support for IT and when people are 'done' with their obsolete Macs I'll grab one on occasion if it's in working order as I hate to see things just tossed away. People hold on to their Macs a long time if not damaged though, so 9 years old is the newest one I have!

This works! And I'll update my post above with more tests.

Macs have been 64-bit since 2007 but there have been some problems with video drivers, and legacy 32-bit code in older OSes could also be a problem. May be important for the fyoocher: the newest OS 2011 Macs can run is 10.13 and Steam just dropped support for that last month. But you can still install the last compatible version of Steam and download the 32 bit/Compatibility version of Stardew, so that's good. No mods though :cry: but frankly if you're still using a 13 year old computer, you might be glad that you can still run the newest update to this great game.
Yeah lol, I had the same issues with an old windows computer but was able to run it decently until I got my current computer.