Windows [1.6.3] Game crashes when going to bed.

Barto

Greenhorn
Hey!
So, me and my friend decided, with the release of 1.6, to come back to our old farm which we started back on 1.5, but we seem to be running into a few issues.

Simply put, the game crashes when trying to sleep, but not every time. So far we have noticed that the game tends to crash when we've done something significant on the farm (collected wine, produce from the greenhouse, anything that would give a lot of items in a short period of time).
If we go to bed without doing anything or picking up just a few items, the game proceeds as normal.

I have 4 crash logs but they all say the same thing, so I'll just post one for the sake of clarity.
---------------
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at StardewValley.Network.OverlaidDictionary.Add(Vector2 key, Object value) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\OverlaidDictionary.cs:line 253
at StardewValley.Crop.newDay(Int32 state) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Crop.cs:line 942
at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.dayUpdate() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\TerrainFeatures\HoeDirt.cs:line 811
at StardewValley.Objects.IndoorPot.DayUpdate() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\IndoorPot.cs:line 102
at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5235
at StardewValley.Locations.Cabin.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Cabin.cs:line 242
at StardewValley.Buildings.Building.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Buildings\Building.cs:line 1684
at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 5330
at StardewValley.Farm.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Farm.cs:line 306
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9078
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.3 build 24087
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Summer 11 Y4 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Barto

Greenhorn
Alright, small update - we got the game working!

I have no idea how but after booting it up today and trying some things we successfully had a longer-than-we-should-have session.

I still don't know if that was precisely it, but we had a hunch it was something to do with our kegs - so we took all of the produced wine on one day (which was back on 1.5), went to sleep (no crash), woke up, started a new batch of wine, went to sleep again, and voila! The game has been working fine ever since.

This is a very specific case, but it might point you in the right direction when troubleshooting.

robredding

Newcomer
I'm confused by your explanation of the fix. I have stored wine and wine being made, but they are all from a 1.6 save. What exactly did you do with the wine to fix your save?